#1 Trophy

I get an Award!!

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

You Rock Outlaw!

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Well I have to say this is the most fun I've had in a long time!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Angel Eyes,

You made the following comment regarding disfellowshipping:

Jookbeard you didnt read all i put then??? didnt think so.....

I said if some are DF for wrong reasons then Jah sees that and it doesnt apply to them!!

Now moving on, regarding repent for a sin you havent committed,then this would mean elders have clearly made an error....hence the above id already said. You well know the scriptures and you know the truth.....When Adam and eve rebelled against God they were removed from his spiritual home,they were put outside. Df is the same, people are removed from Jahs home (yes some maybe in error) yet those still in his spiritual family remain inside. I do know some who were DF wrongly and hey made an appeal...they returned too.

My reply:

Sure, the Bible speaks of disfellowshipping. However, the Bible does not have any such precedent of shunning, which is what the governing body has redefined disfellowshipping as. The Bible makes clear to limit one's association with, and refrain from worship with ones who claim to be Christian while their lifestyle reflects otherwise. It is up to the individual to what extent they choose to limit, as well as to discern situations in which they will limit- NOT UP TO A CHURCH OR ORGANIZATION TO MANDATE THIS. There is no example in the Bible of an individual disfellowshipped for speaking to a disfellowshipped person, or associating with. Furthermore, getting kicked out of the JW relgion is anything but being thrown out of God's favor, since the organization is NOT Jehovah's organization- which can be seen at many different levels.

You may want to review 2 Thes 3:14, 15 regarding how a 'disfellowshipped' person should be treated:

If anyone does not obey our instruction F42 in R102 F43 this letter, take special note of that person and R103 F44 do not associate with him, so that he will be put R104 to shame.

Yet do R105 not regard him as an enemy, but admonish R106 F45 him as a brother. R107

The governing body trains JWs to counter with 1 Cor 5:11 which says:

11 But actually, F52 I wrote to you not to associate with F53 any so-called brother R198 if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an R199 idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one.

The WT tries to muddy the fact that these two texts are speaking of the same situation by rendering 2 Thes as "stop associating with", but rendering 1 Cor 5:11 as saying 'quit mixing in company with' instead of 'stop associating with' so the JW will not see the connection. But the identical Greek word is used in both texts. The GB then asserts that 1 Cor is speaking of gross, or greater sins...while 2 Thes is speaking of lesser sins....an assertion with no basis other than it is self-serving.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Outlaw, do I get any sort of award?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

hallo Issac, long time

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hey Jookbeard....how are you?

I was away on vacation for a bit...and then lazy for another week. I am back. I see while I was away one left, one got booted and now other have appeared.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

yeah seem to be getting a little run of JW apologists coming on board, Spike got booted AE, and this Skipper chap have appeared

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am noticing.

• milola
    milola

AE said "I do know some who were DF wrongly and hey made an appeal...they returned too."

This is the crux of it all IMO. How dare a group of men judge anyone. AN APPEAL!!???!!! Nothing anyone does is anyone else's business on a religious level. If what one does is not breaking a governmental law (which has it's own means of punishment) then the JWs should let live. But instead they hide the serious govermental crimes and judge people over petty things. I find it sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit