Things No Jehovah’s Witness Will Ever Tell You

by Bangalore 102 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The Society hasn't produced anything, angel eyes. It's SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY you should thank.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Also, there's no substitute for blood when you really need it. Regardless, the Society's stance on this is wrong due to archaic adherence to misinterpretation of scripture. But of course, you'd rather die than realize that. We understand. We've all been there.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    angel eyes, if I look at Jehovah's Witnesses and see that they do NOT have love among themselves (this has been my experience in multiple congregations and I'm hardly alone) what is to prevent me from concluding that they are NOT Jesus' disciples? If I see a church of another religion that DOES have love among themselves, what is to prevent me from concluding that they ARE Jesus' disciples?

Not sure if you saw my question.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

They are volume expanders saline,Haemaccel,dextran,hetastarch,ringers solution,they help to increase the volume of blood.

It's safer,after all think of it this way,when a child has a heart or lung transplant they have a childs organ,well its the same with blood,blood is an organ and yet children are always given adults blood...thats wrong and their tiny bodies can easily reject it.

Jehovah isnt saying dont have blood just die....he is saying keep abstaining from blood because he well knows the many risks and dangers that even us mere humans are unaware of.He loves us....and now we can have something that doesnt pose a risk to us atall.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Angel eyes,

Volume expanders do not help in the case of emergencies where loss of blood must be replenished.

Who are these doctors that use the alternatives to Blood transfusions?

Also, the biblical scriptures in regards to Blood are dietary restictions, that is very clear, but if one choose to expand on them, that is there choice, though one is in danger of going beyond what is plainly taught in the bible, nevertheless, if on so choose it should be a matter of PERSONAL CONSCIENCE and NOT Organizational Dogma.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Going back to "what they don't tell you" when you begin to "study the bible" with JWs.....is how they invite you to attend a meeting....which turned out to be (in my case) five meetings per week.....that are not under the idea of an "invitation" any longer but mandatory to attend if you want to be pleasing to God......and so it goes.

When "studying the bible" (always with WTS aids of course), one is expected to also study a publication touting the organization.....which is designed to help build faith IN that organization..... rather than putting full faith in Christ to attain salvation.

What they don't tell you at first....is that you will be expected to attend every meeting, assembly, convention and special assembly day that the WTS cooks up, no matter what your finances are or how many difficulties you have to work out in order to be there. Choosing to NOT attend....(to the WTS) demonstrates your lack of faith and you will be seen as "spiritually weak" among your brothers and sisters. It IS emotional blackmail as is much of what the WTS doles out to their loyal followers.

Despite the 130+ years of false predictions and goofy counsel fed as "food from God".....one MUST accept whatever the Governing Body currently prints in order to remain in the congregation.

WTS followers are NOT "pleasing God" and HIS requirements.....but are clearly told to be pleasing the Governing Body and THEIR requirements.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I was given four days too live,i was extremely ill,yet they do work for those who are in need of blood and fast. Even if i were to die id die for Jah.I dont want polluted blood,an organ that my body could well reject.

I know of a sister who accepted the blood,she isnt df,it was her choice and only Jah can judge,only he knows why she did that. Its between her and Jehovah.

Running out of posts. prob have one left after this till my oldest exspires in 21 hours :(

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Angel eyes,

If you were to die because you refused a blood transfusion and there was nothing elese available for you at the time, you would not have died for YHWH, but for an interpretation of scripture and for an organization, I don't hink it is proper to put this on YHWH.

• undercover
    undercover

Is dying for the sake of a rule or law based on the teachings of Christ?

Mark 2:23-3:5

23 Now it happened that he was proceeding through the grainfields on the sabbath, and his disciples started to make their way plucking the heads of grain. 24 So the Pharisees went saying to him: “Look here! Why are they doing on the sabbath what is not lawful?” 25 But he said to them: “Have YOU never once read what David did when he fell in need and got hungry, he and the men with him? 26 How he entered into the house of God, in the account about A·bi´a·thar the chief priest, and ate the loaves of presentation, which it is not lawful for anybody to eat except the priests, and he gave some also to the men who were with him?” 27 So he went on to say to them: “The sabbath came into existence for the sake of man, and not man for the sake of the sabbath; 28 hence the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath.”

1 Once again he entered into a synagogue, and a man was there with a dried-up hand. 2 So they were watching him closely to see whether he would cure the man on the sabbath, in order that they might accuse him. 3 And he said to the man with the withered hand: “Get up [and come] to the center.” 4 Next he said to them: “Is it lawful on the sabbath to do a good deed or to do a bad deed, to save or to kill a soul?” But they kept silent. 5 And after looking around upon them with indignation, being thoroughly grieved at the insensibility of their hearts, he said to the man: “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jesus understood that "the law" was subject to interpretation (His being the Son of God) and he undertsood how much of it was man- made and man- altered and man -interpreted.

The Law makers of the OT made so many laws that it became a "burdesome yoke" to carry and served only to show the people that they were sinners because they could not, NOT sin because the Law made it so.

The Old Covenant was "corrupted" by the Law and Jesus was the correct fullfilment of it and the beginning of the New Covenant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit