Things No Jehovah’s Witness Will Ever Tell You

by Bangalore 102 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    My baptism was to serve him out of love

As was mine. Unfortunately, one cannot be baptized as a JW without subjecting themselves to the organization as well. These very words are in the baptism questions. One cannot simply serve god and christ independently of the whims of imperfect men.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I listen to the organisation and am grateful for their love and hard work.Subjecting ones self?? Could you clarify bit more? All they ask of me is to follow Jah as best i can.Aslong as i do whats right in Jehovahs eyes thats all that matters,and im always aware of that,so if anyone,brother,sister,elder tries to say otherwise or trys to judge,i know im answerable to Jehovah and that he sees all things.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Aslong as i do whats right in Jehovahs eyes thats all that matters,

But who makes the determination as to what is right in Jehovah's eyes? Are you allowed to rely on your own conscience, or are you required to follow their interpretation of scripture? This is what I meant by subjection to the organization.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I follow what the scriptures say.Also i listen to my conscience,id never ever let anyone try and put pressure on me or to take on their conscience...its been tried but i always think "do whats right in Jahs eys"...if you know in your heart of hearts then thats all that matters...

However i do have a balance,a very good one actually,i understand that the society may well piont out something that i thought was ok or that maybe i wasnt sure off,id listen to them for they have never ever caused me any harm. Im only saying this because in annoys me that someone could have judged you wrong?? Your my brother,why should Jah lose you and me also......

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    id listen to them for they have never ever caused me any harm.

Well then I pray the day never comes when you need a blood transfusion. Or if you do, that you rely on your own conscience on the matter.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I added a few in the comments section:

24. You can never question the teachings given by the Governing Body. To do so would be considered apostasy, since, despite the fallibility of the Governing Body, they are to be trusted at all times, by every Witness, under all circumstances, with no questions asked. Why, you ask? Stop asking questions.

25. The Bible is not our authority. If the Governing Body teaches something contrary to what the Bible says, they are to be obeyed, not the Bible. And if you make an issue out of this, you will be condemned for being so presumptuous as to know more about the Bible than they do.

26. The Governing Body is the supreme leading body of the organization. You cannot come to an accurate knowledge of the scriptures without submitting to this body and obeying them in everything. This might mean your own death, the death of your loved ones, having to shun your loved ones, or having your loved ones shun you. To not submit to their authority is to jeopardize your everlasting life.

• willyloman
    willyloman

"But just because someone does things wrong, unscriptual, whatever the case maybe i would never ever leave Jehovah..."

Ok, then don't.

But realize that whether you leave or don't leave will have absolutely no impact on the cosmic scheme of things. This is the secret most of us have learned here, one that you have yet to grasp.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Blondie: Thanks for the transcript. That's a good list, all true. I'd add one more if I may:

22. When we come to your door and say we are "sharing the good news," that's not really why we're there. We are not even there to recruit you into the club, although we will if you insist. We are primarily there to judge you as unworthy.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Ive already faced the blood issue.We have alternatives that are much safer,and Jehovah,as always,is right.I worked with the blood and use to test it before becoming a witness and i see clearly that it shouldnt be an option,and thankfully our loving society have produced something much safer that Dr's themselfs use and many people i know who arent in the truth have had them too.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Angel eyes,

What are these safer and so readily available alternatives that doctors use?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit