Why is the US so afraid of Social Health Care?

by eyeslice 298 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

The paint is still drying on Obamas, apparently about to be "streamlined", plan. But one thing both sides agree on is that there will now be no provision for the 47 million uninsured. Obama has cut deals with pharma, etc. but now he's going to swallow the big pill. He has spent all his political capital and has nothing to show for it.

PS. Anybody who disagrees that this was Obamas baby is from outer space! LOL

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"The System is Imploding"

The incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association says this country's health-care system is sick and doctors need to develop a plan to cure it.
    Dr. Anne Doig says patients are getting less than optimal care and she adds that physicians from across the country - who will gather in Saskatoon on Sunday for their annual meeting - recognize that changes must be made.
    "We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize," Doing said in an interview with The Canadian Press.
    "We know that there must be change," she said. "We're all running flat out, we're all just trying to stay ahead of the immediate day-to-day demands."
    The pitch for change at the conference is to start with a presentation from Dr. Robert Ouellet, the current president of the CMA, who has said there's a critical need to make Canada's health-care system patient-centred. He will present details from his fact-finding trip to Europe in January, where he met with health groups in England, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands and France.
    His thoughts on the issue are already clear. Ouellet has been saying since his return that "a health-care revolution has passed us by," that it's possible to make wait lists disappear while maintaining universal coverage and "that competition should be welcomed, not feared."
    In other words, Ouellet believes there could be a role for private health-care delivery within the public system.
    He has also said the Canadian system could be restructured to focus on patients if hospitals and other health-care institutions received funding based on the patients they treat, instead of an annual, lump-sum budget. This "activity-based funding" would be an incentive to provide more efficient care, he has said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jbjzPEY0Y3bvRD335rGu_Z3KXoQw

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Obama NOT Dropping the Public Option?

http://www.openleft.com/viewQuickHits.do#10340

• beksbks
    beksbks

"I will fight no more forever". Chief Joseph. That's it, that's all I've got.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I probably want to have her children

Hehe I just re-read this! Ok, do I win? Can I tell my kids to pack thier bags?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

close enough; let's get a room

(Chief Joseph said that after a valiant effort to make it to Canada. His wife may have been pregnant)

• beksbks
    beksbks

Whoooooooooot!!!

• dinah
    dinah

Where's your nemesis this weekend, beks? You got him tied up in the basement?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Justinia I guess you can't see it....but I'm not surprised. You admitted you are out for what is best for you, yet condemn those who think differently than you.. for the same "me first" attitude. It's ok for you, but not for them. I do not agree that what you want is best for the majority. I think that in the long run it will be harmfull to all of us.

Dear Coffee-black:

When I said I couldn't "see it," I was being self-deprecating, and attempting to be nice. I'm no longer interested in being nice. :)

I can't "see" your argument, because you lack an argument; you just ramble emotionally. You STILL have not explained how you made the illogical link from my post concerning what POLITICIANS think to indicting MY character, and you never will, because there is no link and your assertion is a catastrophic failure.

Not one vowel in my post demonstrated a "me first" attitude, so stuff it.

I haven't "condemned" anyone, including you, so spare me, and save your victim mentality for the KH.

You're inept at analyzing information, and when your weak arguments are pointed out, you get pissy. I'm ssooooo glad I no longer attend the KH and have to pretend to like people like you.

Regards,

Justitia, aka double-shot latte, one splenda, no foam, from a boutique coffee shop, ;)

• beksbks
    beksbks

Go JT!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit