Why is the US so afraid of Social Health Care?

by eyeslice 298 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

brinjen...thanks. My observation and comments has a slight tongue in cheek tone to it and its based on volumes of sammieswife's posts over a long period of time.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Ok.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Correct Brinjen. You are right. I rail against the corruption and greed that has brought down the economy globally and against a government that has allowed them to do so.

I have no idea JO what the welfare lifestyle is so perhaps you can enlighten me. Tell me how much money is paid directly to welfare recipients and break it down please. If a person is making $5.00 an hour but only has that one job, must use government healthcare aid, uses aid from the county and State, the food bank and gets housing assistance - but - still goes to work to earn a living - do we consider his lifestyle a 'deadbeat lifestyle'. Or do we look at the work he is doing and value him for it and not begrudge him extra help. Or should we be paying him a wage much higher so that he can afford to work at his job and afford those things himself? Please tell me because I don't know.

Most certainly there are abusers of any system - top to bottom - but what is the real percentage and how many people do you see up close and personal daily that not only use the system but like it? There can be improvement in all systems - no argument there - but I have never once said that we should get rid of corporations nor would I ever say that people on welfare are deadbeats. I'm saying, perhaps you need to rethink the definition - stop bullying the guy at the bottom while patting the guy at the top on the back for a job well done. If you think one is ripping you off he very well could be but don't turn your back on the other one either because while you have your head turned, he might be stealing the wallet from your pocket.

You need to stop hanging out with your top layer and see reality for what it is - at every level. PS..I also don't believe that corporations should have the same rights as a human ..but in the USA they do. That provides a whole other layer of protection for them that has been the undoing of the government and in America. sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

By the way JO - I don't want the government in all aspects of my life but unlike you, I recognize that they play a real and valid role in all our lives. Government is just a name for power - don't you understand that if the government disappeared tomorrow in name, another group of men would simply step in and take over that power? They would put rules in place for what they wanted? And you wouldn't like that either, but in the world, there must be order and for that to happen someone takes charge and order is taken by force or decided on by vote. If your government were eliminated, you are in no better place because someone else would make the rules - so you need to recognize that reality. There is a place for them - and they don't do everything wrong. sammieswife.

• journey-on
    journey-on

You don't think at all like me and millions of other Americans. You don't understand as much as you think you do. And while you insult me and those who think like me by insinuating we lack compassion, I can tell you we have probably given more to charity than you will in your lifetime.

This country has so many programs for the poor and disadvantaged and many have wisely taken advantage of the educational benefits offered to them while others do nothing but sit back and complain that their government check isn't enough to support them and their six illegitimate kids. Yes...I heard that one with my own two ears: "How do they expect me to live on this!?" as she scowled at her welfare check. That was many years ago, but it stuck with me.

What you lack, sammieswife, is the ability to know the soul of our country and if you think all Americans are going to buy into nationalized or socialized across-the-board universal healthcare without gagging and getting sick to our stomachs, you have another thing coming.

• PEC
    PEC

Journey-on, the people that you have so much contempt for, already have universal health care. It is the rest of us that need it, to protect our homes, life savings and retirement accounts, from being taken away because we get sick or injured, you truly do lack compassion.

Philip

• beksbks
    beksbks

My golly JO you are one smug ridiculous woman. With every post you prove how out of touch with reality and completely uninformed you are. How in the hell would you have any idea how much anyone else has contributed to charity?? You're so damn full of your stupid self it's nauseating.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Beks, as usual, you are reading me wrong. You aren't hearing me at all. You hone in on something, amplify it till it's so out of proportion to my overall viewpoint, then call me names. Simon ought to go back and look at your hateful name-calling insulting posts and tap you on the wrist, you silly old windbag.

PEC...I understand. As I've said a gazillion times, I WANT HEALTH CARE REFORM, TOO....just not what is being proposed right now and certainly never ever universal single payer nationalized socialized ANYTHING, especially health care.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Your superiority complex comes out in every post on these subjects.

• journey-on
    journey-on

In one sentence, what have I said that tells you I have a superiority complex? Viewpoints different from yours makes me such? What? Enlighten me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit