Why is the US so afraid of Social Health Care?

by eyeslice 298 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you, Beks and Six for responding to my specific question.

-LWT

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The problem now is that most of the public and most of the politicians trying to pass this thing haven't even read it. They tried rushing it through before the details were even known, let alone understood.

Red herring, obfuscation, repeat, rinse,repeat. Do you really think Grassley takes this thing to bed and tries to get through 10 pages per night?

a) The various provisions in this bill have been kicked around for 15-20 year or longer. Nothing new here.

b) The 1100 pages are in leagalise - wouldn't take that long to read.

c) These guys have aides who each take a chunk to analyze and report back anything significant and provide a summary.

d) These guys knew every inch of this bill within less than 48 hours of its release.

Don't be naive.

**Reminds me of the thought process of a lot of jws I've known... Done with that kind of attitude a loooong time ago. Hope you outgrow it too.

and hon...you don't do condescention very well. You're better than that....but you have to learn that for yourself.

Coffee **

You're right, Coffee. You're much better at condescension. Guess you've had more practice. (Can't believe you're pulling out the old JW comparison! Thought you were 'better than that'.)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I watched the CBS Sunday Morning News segment on France's health care system. (It was a rerun from several months back.)

One point that stood out to me, was this: Their system does not provide care for illegals. (Details were not given, the reporter simply told about the wonderful care given to 'legal citizens'.)

Does anyone have any further information on this?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Not about France, but there is specifically a portion of one of our bills that says illegal aliens will NOT be covered.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Because either way you slice it, we've decided we're not going to be a country with 46 million people uninsured.

Is the plan to significantly reduce that number or rather to provide insurance to everyone?

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Is the plan to significantly reduce that number or rather to provide insurance to everyone?

What's your thought here LWT? Remember, the idea (if it's not dead) is a public option.

• BizzyBee
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt
    What's your thought here LWT? Remember, the idea (if it's not dead) is a public option.

I simply didn't realize that a consensus had been reached (by the electorate) to provide Universal coverage.

Six, when you said "we've decided", who exactly are you implying has decided? The party in power? Or a majority of voters?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Bizzy, please don't get me started. . .

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I would ask Narkissos about how France would handle an illegal alien who falls ill. My guess is that emergency care is available to stabilize the person, and then deportation. No way on God's green earth do they not give medical care (and their "emergency" care likely rivals our entire treatment course for low income people). Remember they are an otherworldly advanced civilization compared to the ghoulish monsters here in the USofA and posting in this thread, and we provide emergency care for anyone.

Obviously, w/o some form of single/payer, the term "universal coverage" is used somewhat loosely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit