How many of you knew about the"Jesus is not your Mediator" teaching when you were JWs??

by Lady Liberty 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Deputy, if my memory serves me correct didn't you ask her this repeatedly in the past and she absolutely refused to answer?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

According to the article posted by yknot, it seems that Jesus is the mediator for all anoited christians and since it uses gal 6:16, I guess that means we, as christians, are all anoited !

SWEET !!!

Pass the bread and wine !
    :)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

isaac

I've asked that question many times on this forum. Maybe it's time to start another thread.

• Will Power
    Will Power

It is just another way that the WT org and it's leaders have set themselves up in place of Jesus. - A false Christ.

It also bears reminding that the count of "annointed" keeps going up. I bet most who believe the bible and that Jesus is their mediator ALSO feel compelled to partake at the memorial and NOT DENY THE REAL CHRIST, but deny the false teachings of the false christ in brooklyn, New York.

and still keep their family.

Its called emotional blackmail and spiritual abuse.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    we, as christians, are all anointed !

That's it, no matter what anyone else says.

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

snowbird,

According to Galations chapter 6: 11-18 and in particular 13-15, we don't need to be "jewish" and we boast of nothing BUT the cross.

I feel different knowing that I am anoited...maybe I can float, hold on while I try...

Nope, no floating, but according to my email, I may already be a winner !!

Its great to be anoited !!

• snowbird
    snowbird

P, we don't have to be anything - we just are - bought and paid for by the Blood of The Lamb.

"None that rests their hope on Him will suffer disappointment."

What a wonderful feeling.

Hallelujah!

Sylvia

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I learned that in Pioneer School in 1982. I didn't mean much to me at all, just an interesting point. It's surprising to me that so many on this board were shocked to learn that. Maybe I am missing something, but when I was a believer, that point about Jesus was just another point. I thought that Jehovah had a special arrangement with the anointed and that's it. We of the Other Sheep would be blessed too. Plus I didn't want to go to heaven, so I didn't mind being out of the mediator loop.

BF

• sacolton
    sacolton

It goes much further than what the Watchtower says about Jesus not being the mediator for all. The teaching is that Jesus died in vain because his sacrifice wasn't good enough and we must earn our salvation through works. Think about that.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

All Jews were required under the law to offer sacrifices, the very best of their flock, the yearling and with no broken bones, and even Mary made a sacrifice in the temple after Jesus was born in accordance with the Mosaic Laws. She as well as the nation of Isreal knew this was the way they mediated their relationship towards Jehovah. There were certain kinds of sacrifices for certain festivals. If an Isrealite didn't have a yearling to offer Jehovah they could offer as in Mary' s case two small turtle doves or pidgeons as they were poorer then others. Yet this was still acceptable to God. As long as there were no broken bones and the animal or birds were young. Seems right to me. And was acceptable to the Lord.

I find though this interesting even prior to the Jews became a Nation Jehovah demanded sacrifices, as in the case of Cain and Abel, and Eve, and Noah and his family, Abraham and his family as well as many others mentioned in the bible.

This was the balance of mediation between Jehovah and his people on earth until the coming of His son who would be the ultimate perfect sacrifice for human kind. Was Cain and Abel a part of the nation of Isreal? Or Noah and Abraham? No they were humans who didn't belong to a nation as there was no nation at that time, so does that mean that God didn't except their sacrifices as being valid. No way. They were pleasing to the Lord. Not so as in Cain's case.

Do you see where I am going with this?

We all are God's children we all belong to Christ when we give our life to God the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. We have Christ as not only our Saviour but our mediator to God. Plain and simple. And yet the G. B of the WTS can't see this very simple fact. Like do they wear blinders????

I know this scripture was quoted earlier but I like the verses above this text ,as well it includes all mankind not the JW's anointed.

1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
    1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
    1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit