How many of you knew about the"Jesus is not your Mediator" teaching when you were JWs??

by Lady Liberty 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Actually, I seem to recall that technically speaking, only the anointed are called Jehovah's Witnesses, in the fullest sense of the term.

READ GOD'S WORD, THE HOLY BIBLE is NOT a new concept. It goes all the way back, in one form or another to Joshua the son of Nun.

The Bible is a complex book using simple, dignified words. It has a message that the humble understand, but which the proud do not.

This uniquely proves that Jehovah God is its ture Author. And it gives added incentive, at least to me, to work at becoming always more humble.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Well the long and the short of it Reniaa is that you place your faith in imperfect men mediating with the Father.

I place my faith in Jesus, He is my mediator, the Rock on which I stand and I build. He is infallible, without sin, without falsehood, in Him there is no darkness.

Let God be true, and every man a liar Romans 3:4

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

"Rubbish"

Yes, quite correct!

1 Timothy 2:5 (New International Version)

5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

How much clearer do you need it Reniaa to see the truth right in from of your face?! The WT is a sham and speak insidious heretical lies.

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

And there is more...

1 Timothy 2:5-6 (New International Version)

5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

Nothing about only 144, 000 here. No, only the WT spread such heresy.

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

One more

Hebrews 8:6 (New International Version)

6 But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.

Read carefully, is says "is mediator", not "is a mediator".

Once again, the bible clearly shows the lies and heresy from the WT.

All the best,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

J.Rutherford was like John Calvin in respect that both believed in forms of Limited Atonement, rather than Universal Salvation.

Calvin of course believed in strict Predestination of the saved and the damned.

Rutherford's Baptist upbringing may have been an influence since many Baptist groups believe in Calvin's concept.

Both guys were a couple of strange ducks.......I did spell that with a 'd' didn't I.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Need more? "Christ is the mediator" Hebrews 9:15 Hebrews 12:24 not "a mediator".

Did the WT die on the cross for the sins of mankind? No, they are imperfect and unqualified to mediate.

Jesus is the only one, the Last Adam and He mediates directly for anyone who calls on His name ("Jesus" not "Jehovah").

John 1:29 (New International Version)

Jesus the Lamb of God
    29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! All the best, Stephen
  • designs
    designs

It sounds like you believe in some form of universal salvation. Only problemo with your Jesus is that its off to roasty toasty ville for many.

Always amazed that an adult would buy into that junk.

Pretty sick.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Not at all! Looks like you have forgotten my many previous posts quoting the bible.

Only those who call upon the name of Jesus and have Him as mediator will be saved. Simple.

All the best,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

serpents and dragons and locusts oh My!

trinity god- 'Love me or I'll torture you for all Eternity!' go get em dude!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit