Hi I hope i am welcome

by cantleave 188 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi mickey

I'll be honest mickey the ones I least understand and approve of are those that are apparently active witnesses trying to get others out of the Jws by hook or by crook. In fact by any means possible but staying in themselves. Surely having friendships and mixing with Jws but despising them in their hearts.

Do you sit at the kingdom Hall feeling self-satisfied and looking with scorn on those around you hating them in your heart but none of it showing on your face?

I may sound harsh but I cannot imagine staying were I hate so much even if family members are involved in fact less so if family members are involved. If I hated it so much I would make a stand and show my thoughts openly and honestly whatever the cost so my family could see my disaproval.

Personally I think the moral values of the witnesses is something to value in a world suffering from moral turpitude. And churches following suit maybe the real difference here is between people who believe the Bible is God's Word and those who think it is God's Guide.

If you think that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one, then how can you justify reinterpreting the Bible to fit in with current culture?

That is like saying we'll change our teachings to 'fit in' with Satan's world! and witnesses are evil because they try and keep a strict moral bible line.

Reniaa

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I'll be honest mickey the ones I least understand and approve of are those that are apparently active witnesses trying to get others out of the Jws by hook or by crook. In fact by any means possible but staying in themselves. Surely having friendships and mixing with Jws but despising them in their hearts. Do you sit at the kingdom Hall feeling self-satisfied and looking with scorn on those around you hating them in your heart but none of it showing on your face? I may sound harsh but I cannot imagine staying were I hate so much even if family members are involved in fact less so if family members are involved. If I hated it so much I would make a stand and show my thoughts openly and honestly whatever the cost so my family could see my disaproval.

Reniaa, I've said this to you before and I'll say it again: I do not hate Jehovah's Witnesses. I love many of them dearly, I've grown up with them, lived with them, worked with them and married them! My goal in reaching out to my husband has never been to get him to leave the witnesses. I just wanted him to see it for what it was, so that when I make the choice to leave, whether he comes with me on my journey out of the cult or not, he won't see my as a demon inspired apostate from hell.

I admire those who do as you suggest and "make a stand" so that people can see their disapproval. The problem is that when marriages and children are involved, it isn't always as simple as that. Additionally, when people are under mind control, their ability to reason on why their loved one has left is impeded. They are pre-programmed to think "they are leaving jehovah", "they've been tricked by Satan" or "they're sinful or weak". I appreciate you will find this aspect hard to acknowledge since you seem very uncomfortable with the fact that the WBTS employs mind control.

Personally I think the moral values of the witnesses is something to value in a world suffering from moral turpitude. And churches following suit maybe the real difference here is between people who believe the Bible is God's Word and those who think it is God's Guide.
    If you think that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one, then how can you justify reinterpreting the Bible to fit in with current culture? That is like saying we'll change our teachings to 'fit in' with Satan's world! and witnesses are evil because they try and keep a strict moral bible line. Reniaa

Many people besides JWs follow a biblical moral code, some of them do it much better than the witnesses manage as a group!

I don't hold the world view you do (us versus them, good versus evil), incidentally it's another marker of a cult.

Please please please please please do some research on cult mind control.

• reniaa
    reniaa

HI mickey

The problem I always hit with attack of mind control on groups like witnesses that hold strong opinions and make sure their followers know they live by that standard, is that the early christians were exactly the same, and indeed were called a sect. the jews strictness on food and jewish rituals would also have them clearly marked as a cult

By cult opinionist Jesus is clearly cult leader and Paul even more so. In the end Jws are not in communes they are not forced to take narcotics or use sleep deprivation, or not see the world around them. Most rules in Jws are self regulating and involve a lot of personal judgement.

You accept secular laws and governments but not that people allowing themselves to be morally governed too?

Strong and strict values is not mind control. but I have no wish to have a mind control discussion unless you apply it to pauls writings and tell me you wouldn't condemn him by the same brush?

Reniaa

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well dear reniaa ,your such a hypercrite( yes I am judging you)
    At the assembly this week they were again warned about the internet
    to NOT get involved with apostates. Yet your still disobeying the Elders.
    You WILL be outed soon ,believe me.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Come back and tell me the first century Christians are a cult after you've read Combatting Cult Mind Control. Before you know what a cult is, I don't wish to discuss it again.

The mormons also teach that the whole world (apart from them) is lying in the power of Satan, including Jehovah's Witnesses! Does that make them the true cult?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Poor Reinna,

Always breaking rule guidelines, making the thread about herself because nobody will fight with her. Except for the usual people, of course.

I really don't know what's so hard about keeping the thread on topic with you and others.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

same for me, i hate only a couple of witnesses. i have friends in there.....

but the Watchtower, that entity I HATE. they destroy plenty of families.

their foot soldiers are caught in the Watchtowers grip, and even if they are good hearted have succumb "to the dark side of the force"

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

mouthy,

reniaa and spike tassel are continuously not listening to the WT.

instead of preaching to deserving ones they are preaching to apostates. the watchtower clearly states to stay away from us

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I found the thread and I want welcome cantleave, not get involved in other arguments..

Welcome to the forum,,you will see that it is a lively place ! ...I too have to be anonymous, I do not want a divorce, or shunning by all whom I have ever known, so I am "inactive" - an ex elder like yourself.

This place is a wonderful release - enjoy it...

• flipper
    flipper

CANTLEAVE- One of the indications that a religion IS a mind control cult - according to Steve Hassan in the book " Combatting Cult mind Control" is that certain cults will NOT let you talk about "bad experiences" or anything negative about the organization you are in. And when you hear certain posters on here exclaim that on this board there has been " replacement of real JW memories with false ones " - well that's just not true. It's an untruth and a lie. Many people here, including yourself , myself and others here are and were victims of injustices committed under the guise of approval by the alleged " faithful and discreet slave. "

As you saw earlier I WAS given counsel by elders which disagreed with how the WT society viewed things. There is no unity in the witnesses. It's all for show and outward appearance. I would say 99 % of the people on this board have upright and pure motives in helping you and others to gain FACTUAL information about the Jehovah's Witnesses and will shoot straight and tell you the real truth about the alleged " truth ". But there are some posters who want to ignore the injustices of the witness organization and make excuses for the WT societies wrongdoing. So my friend - I hope you see the difference when you come on here in our motives to help you. We really do care that you gain freedom of mind and happiness without being controlled . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit