Hi I hope i am welcome

by cantleave 188 Replies latest jw friends

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Welcome to the forum Cantleave.

As always, high levels of fear are the crude tactic employed by the borg to keep people trapped. It is emotional blackmail at it's worst and at odds with the 'loving' philosophy continually promoted as the organisational hallmark.

Re: Reniaa's comment regarding her sister:

Again, yet another weak argument that somehow being a JW protects someone from going off the rails. This board is testament to the fact that many, many people have left the JWs and gone on to live happy lives and make a positive contribution to society. This does not take into account those who have left the borg and have never visited this board. JWs do not have the monopoloy on morality - this is a cliche I have heard many times. It is yet another example of so called JW superiority which neatly deflects from the true rot at it's core.

FF

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi freedom

Being a witness is about following Jehovah! what makes people happy is very complex term, and can lead to them making others very unhappy. My local school no longer does father's day cards it announced it last year! because they say not enough of the children have fathers they can give cards to and it would be upsetting for them to see the ones that can do them.

I'm not saying that outside of witnesees people can't be morale and upright, God's word also allows this.

Romans 2:14
    (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law,

this is about following Jehovah and his law and our leaders having that responsibility to clean the congregation and our acceptance of this, the bible makes it clear they have this but should also apply it to themselves.

Romans 2:19-23 (New International Version)

19 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21 you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22 You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23 You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

this clearly shows they had to be guiding against hypocracy in pauls times too. But I will not dismiss Jehovah over the actions of imperfect men/elders or even annointed. Our religion has a right to instill morality in it's people and it's a bible given one.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (New International Version)

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [a]

Reniaa

• wobble
    wobble

Being a Witness in the biblical sense is about following Jesus, "You will be Witnesses of me..." The Book of Acts.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, as he claimed himself.

( Reniaa, you claimed earlier in this thread that you defend WT doctrine, I remember a thread, which seperated into another, where 11 questions were posed to you, did you answer any ? )

Cantleave, you are very very welcome here, I thought it impossible to leave for a couple of weeks when I realised that I really should leave, but I have all my close family in,quite extended, including my 89 year old Mum.

But I stopped going to meetings in Spring last year, I have not DA'd or anything, and my family still talk to me and are friendly and welcoming, just no religious discussion,because they know I am quite a protagonist due to almost living on this board !

So do what you think is best for you and yours, but some steps are not as frightening as you thought once you have taken them.

WELCOME again,

Love

Wobble

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well enough said :) I hope you find you way just be careful on here the bias is extreme and not much truth in it at times.

Reniaa

OH Reniaa !Reniaa!Naughty naughty AGAIN!!!! your statement above is so judgemental.
    So many on this board has shared their lives in the WT. How they were treated, how hard
    they worked to serve GOD!!!! But in the end found out they had been serving men
    The way your judging my dear girl,,, WILL come back to YOU.I asked you about a year ago

DO YOU BELIEVE JESUS CAME IN 1914 I STILL await your reply!!!!

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi mouthy

Yes I am willing to run with 1914 with Jesus's presence, since the same type of bible chronology led to people being in expectation of the messiah when Jesus came the first time and they were right. So yes I do, also the way the world has changed so much right down to intrinsic values of humanity. the bible is clear that we would be in expectation of armageddon so yes 1914 still makes sense to me but I wouldn't lose my faith if the chronology on it one day got adjusted/refined. I am simply not happy with what this world has to offer me and my children it's why I am a Jehovah's witnesses is not just about life and death but a yearning deep in my heart for more.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Reniaa

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

You are welcome.

I'm not, and never was, a JW.

Here you will find common sense, reasoned argument, and as much support as you want or need.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Welcome Cantleave. I hope to someday see you change your name to "leftandhappy"! lol

There are several on here that are in your shoes. I think you should contact Open Mind, you two have alot in common. There are also several on here that were in your situation and eventually got their familes out.

Lots of good advice and support on here for you.

BB

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome here Cantleave....but dammit man you CAN leave...and someday probably will be forced to. I doubted for many many years, and am a fourth gen raised in with extensive fam in of course. Sooo wish i had left in 1995....just too big a change when they took away my chance at "never growing old or dying...a special generation".......i never had many "people" issues in the org. as ya there are so many great people in it, and i choose to see the good in people not the bad....I had so many good friends..my issues were aways "teaching" that could not be proven by the bible

Why you maybe WILL/CAN/MUST leave: You did not say how old your kids are, but most kids today want more freedom than WT allows, esp. when they hit teenage years. Freedom to use the internet among many others. Chances are they WILL find the real truth someday. What are you going to do when one of them either gets in trouble in the congo or looks at you and says, "Dad, how could you have taught me this total bullshit all my life??...I cant do this anymore!"......it happens everyday. Or maybe your kid gets dfd.....what kind of a stand are you going to take if he is not at home? Are you ready to be shunned or looked down upon because to continue to treat him as true family??....Do you have any idea (i know you do since you mentioned how you did not want to df others and saw the trauma of not being judged "repentant") of the devastating trauma people go through...esp. kids when there ENTIRE LIFE AND SOCIAL STRUCTURE is taken away from them?!?!?.....Men on earth, claiming to be gods mouthpiece.......can do this to your kids. As awful as you know it is, you say you are willing to keep your kids and family in this arrangement every day...and it will very likely come back to bite you someday...and do even worse to the emotional well being of your kids.

Damm that judging ability is WAY to much power to be given men by other men!! Yet as long as you keep your kids in the org, feeding them lies just to keep them moral??.......then you are setting them up for a horrible fall. My son was dfd at 16 and the emotional trauma of losing all friends and grandparents shunning him totally is DEVASTATING!!!!.....Start saving thousands for therapy, cause some never get over it! Rather than think you cant leave because of friends and family, i would think you need to put things into motion to get them all free before it all hits the fan someday anyway. The longer you and esp. the kids are in......the more trauma will result upon wake up or forced exit....it nearly killed me at 45. I know you are new here, but when i read your post it sounded just like i was for ten years after 1995 and i sooo wished i had started the exit wheels in motion then....and saved my little boys from getting baptized...leading to one to df and one to full time servitude who continues to neglect his education......and believe me...trying to wake him up at 18 was toooo late for the poor kid....but i did my best and will not give up.........good luck friend and sorry if i came on to strong here, but it just hit so close to home...and i have seen what their judging has done to my family.....

• shamus100
    shamus100

As usual, Reinna breaks forum rules and makes it all about her. And the usuals grab the bait!

Reinna, it's called PM. It works great! Why don't you try using the f***ing thing, LOL. I'm sure this new poster can put the pieces together him/herself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hi eversograteful

I think you'll find thats the catholics, Jws haven't paid out that much in my research only $50,000 settlements are confirmed. The policy of elders/families been told to goto police has backed them up in most cases but rather than take my word try this link rather than your biased ones.

http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/default.html

My reply: try 12.5 million in 2007 to 16 victims in 12 cases...settled out of court with gag orders. One amount was leaked- 750,000- confirmed as fact via court records. Multiple that by the vicitms.

Hi cantleave

I to believe in Jehovah, I was away from the Jws for many years I found that any organisation has its fair share of harsh taskmasters but what made them livable with was the good guys that tried to keep things fair.

I talked to my youngest sister who only had a young childhood as a witness, it just came up in passing she said "I value the morality instilled in me as a witness child, it helped me avoid the drugs and alcohol all my friends were trying to get me to do when our family were no longer witnesses," she recently met a friend who'd she'd been childhood friends with after we left the JWs and that friend was struggling with drugadiction that she had been drawn into and tried to get my sister to do.

I wouldn't join a religion that had no morale responsibility to the congregation, the greek scriptures clearly show that paul and the others took this as a heavy responsibility.

Well enough said :) I hope you find you way just be careful on here the bias is extreme and not much truth in it at times.

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit