Hi I hope i am welcome

by cantleave 188 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Wow I've never seen this many attempts at hi-jacking a welcome thread. LOL

But WELCOME!! anyhow to you cantleave.

As you can tell we have many colorful and insightful participants on this board.

Hope your stay is long and prosperous. :)

Regards,

StoneWall

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I just want to add that I also recomment that you read Crisis of Conscience. Make that a must along with your authentic Bible study.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Welcome!

Your situation alone is an evidence they don't have the "truth".

all the best

Your friend

Newborn

• yknot
    yknot

LOL.... If you could only see the multitude of others who post or lurk here..... all in the same boat as you!

Glad to see you already posting on the other threads and will be checking out Ray's book!

It took me nearly two years to 'dare' to consider reading it! (LOL I am on page 101)

• inbetween
    inbetween

Hi cantleave and everybody !

just real quick, I´m in a very similar situation, more later on, when I find time.

this is my first post, I lurked for a while ( about 1 month)

greetings,

inbetween...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board inbetween....

Great to have you join us.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Welcome inbetween!

• xbro
    xbro

i have read all these posts. i know the congregation you speak of and the elders. i was a jw there most of my life.

the advice i can give you is GET OUT! ,you are damaging your kids, you must not destroy theyre lives in that god forsaken religion,nor yours.

i left 15 years ago and am now free of the guilt,i used to miss my friends but found new ones,and now i find many of my formeer jw friends are out of the organisation themselves and we now talk as true frinds should.

find a hobby that you want and put yourself into that, it will occupy your mind and hopefully get you meeting normal people.

if you leave your spouse will eventually follow,they love you .

i have fealt the whip of the elders,so much for their hoopoo gramos , setting streight gently as setting a broken bone, ime sure one elder loved the sexy confessions( Br Few) and John Hall hated immorality so much because of his own fight with homosexuality.

please get out,dont fade. you owe it to your kids and yourself,you have the choice they dont,and by the time they are old enough their minds destroyed with fear and guilt.

fancy a meet up some time?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Xbro - Thanks. I have moved on considerably since this post was written in June. No longer an elder, Wife awakened, kids celebrating birthdays and and a free man. For a fuller account look read these posts:

Why Would Someone Like me Leave the "Truth"? Part 1

Why Would Someone Like me Leave the "Truth"? Part 2

Why Would Someone Like me Leave the "Truth"? Part 3 Continued

Why Would Someone Like me Leave the "Truth"? Part 4

Why Would Someone Like me Leave the "Truth"? Part 5 (Final Installment)

• xbro
    xbro

good on you! now LIVE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit