by cantleave 188 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Cantleave: Welcome....no judgements here...,

Please stay.

r

• Quandry
    Quandry

It is essential that I remain anonymous, but I feel alone and need to speak to people who can relate to my experience, please don't judge me for being a hypocryte - welcome me into this community and I will respond with witty postings and any insights that I feel will be of interest. This had better be fun because if the org are right I only have a short period of time!!!!!!

Welcome. I can imagine how alone you must feel. Glad we are here, as we understand.

I thought the world had only two more years to go-that's what the Witness study conductor told me in 1973, so my hubbie and I became baptised-whew! Just in time! That was, of course, over thirty years ago.

We are both out now. Hubbie was an elder for twenty years.

You said: But when the men who are suspossed to be shepherding the congregation do so in such a judgemental manner, often making accusations that that cannot be substantiated, so that they can feel important, I have great difficulty.

This is what happened to our family. Our teen daughter was berated, humiliated, and accused of fornication by a JC, even though there was no accusation, no evidence, and she didn't do it. She had done some normal teen stuff, but the chairman of the committee was a spiritual bully. He made her read a scripture from Rev. that she was "filth in God's eyes, and would burn in the lake of fire with the devil and his angels." He then, after hours of degradation, told her, "You are disfellowshipped, and if you are still disfellowshipped when Armageddon comes, you can take some comfort in knowing that Jehovah can read hearts."

That was enough for her dad and I.

Even if you cannot get your family out now, please instill in your children the value of an education, and see that they get theirs. It sounds like you are raising them to think for themselves.

Look forward to your comments.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

cantleave,

Another thing that they're getting very wrong, Watchtower still doesn't accept forensic science and its validity in criminal law. As elders, we should have been instructed at the Kingdumb Misery School for Elduhs to help assault victims to contact the police, get to the hospital, and get examined for criminal evidence. Forensics can be proof positive to an assault. Instead, as you know, elders were instructed to call Botchtower Legal Department... and ask them if there was any other eyewitnesses to the attack. That's just so "stone age".

so why punish the gazelle by changing the nature of the lion

Good point! Maybe Jehovah hates those fast, sleek, graceful animals. He should have leveled the playing field. Imagine a herd of gazelle gathered around munching on the bleeding carcass of a lion. Then Jehovah really would be a god of justice!

B the X

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Welcome! You are experiencing what most of us here have and are experiencing...being trapped inside this cult because they threaten to take away the very essence of ourselves...our families and friends...if we do not OBEY them. Im sorry but that is so EXACTLY OPPOSITE who God is that it makes me puke.

Keep posting and reading here. Be true to yourself or you will implode from it. But know for a fact that doing what you need to do to keep your family is not hypocrisy. If there is one thing you did learn from the Bible it is that GOD READS HEARTS and he knows what a miserable position this cult has put you in and does not hold you responsible for it.

If your heart is pure...that is all you need. Pay no attention to Ren she doesnt belong in either world and therefore can only make everybody in both camps as miserable as she is. We have nothing but compassion for her and hope someday that fence she is sitting on gets too hard to handle and she is freed of it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum.

You are not a hypocryte at all.

You are in a very difficult situation, not of your own making.

Don't rush anything.

The worst thing you can do is let your doubts explode in front of your family and friends.

Stick around. Read. Learn. Make a plan.

Don't do anything different until you are happy with that plan.

Cheers

Chris

• cantleave
    cantleave

B the X, I acn see it now, Gazelles with canines designed for tearing lion flesh! Mind you the Elders are "sheep" with fangs -sucking the joy out of life!

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi cantleave I wish you well, the guys on here that say I am very pro-JW are right but I am a defender of the doctrine, I try not to defend imperfections of men, since there isn't one fault I found in witnesses as humans that I haven't see elsewhere.

Your questions and understanding of science leave me to conclude your doubts are on validity of bible explanations for past and future well, I cannot help you there when it comes to having belief in and trusting in Jehovah we are all on our own.

take care

Reniaa

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, did you read one word this guy said!

the elders are more worried of the org than the flock!

reniaa, follow your shepherd to the slaughter house

• Diva
    Diva

I cannot help you there when it comes to having belief in and trusting in Jehovah we are all on our own.

Cantleave, you heard it from our resident witness - 'Your on your own' LOL , Ahh the love.

• Diva
    Diva

I try not to defend imperfections of men, since there isn't one fault I found in witnesses as humans that I haven't see elsewhere.

Yeah but I've never heard of any other organisation claiming to be "the most loving organisation in the history of mankind". Kinda setting yourself up for failure with statements like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit