How many here have worked in social work, etc. & DON'T think MJ was a molester?

by avishai 124 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Enlightened Mind. THANK YOU. Finally.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

>> I think he was a troubled man, and I think he considered himself a kid on the same level as the kids he hung around.

So, in his mind he was just a 14 year old boy molesting his peers. That's OK then. I stand corrected.

FHN continues to keep the blinders on. You really think this "man" was asexual? And why are you so quick to defend him, but not so quick to defend molesting elders with MUCH less evidence against them? You're blinded by stardom. It's really sad and disturbing that there are so many people like you.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Missing Link, why can't you just accept that people view the Michael Jackson case differently? Anytime there is a molestation case or murder case that gets a lot of attention in the media, people will come to their own conclusions. Those of us who do not agree with you are no different from anyone who listens the news. There will be those who are sure someone is guilty, likewise for innocent and then there are those who stay neutral. On any given case.

I remember a lawyer in Atlanta. His name is Fred Tokars. He sent his wife and kids back to Atlanta from a vacation in Florida: he was to fly up later. As soon as they wife, with kids arrived, these guys accosted them in the garage, drove somewhere and shot the wife right in front of the small children. When the police arrested the suspects, they said that Fred hired them to do this. And it was pointed out that Mrs. Tokars had told her sister that she had come across all these documents that showed wrong doing on the part of her husband and that she feared for her life.

Lots of people formed opinions on Fred's guilt. I felt he was guilty. He was convicted. I can't recall the sentence he got. I usually, though not always, form my opinion and it generally ends up being the same as the jury's or judges opinion. My point is that people will have varying opinions and in this case, not all people who think Michael is innocent think so because of his celebrity. Most of us weigh the information released by the media and go with the more credible. We also go with some gut feelings when listening to accusations from accusers. We look at everything surrounding the allegations.

Do you remember that daycare center in California back in the 80's that was raked over the coals with all kinds of bizarre sexual allegations by parents and the DA? Then it was found out that social workers and psychologists had put all these ideas into the childrens' heads by the way they interviewed and questioned them? It turned out none of the things had happened. But the lives of the daycare workers and the lives of those poor kids were forever affected to the very negative.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I feel strongly that both sets of parents in the Michael Jackson molestation allegations saw a huge opportunity for profit. They pounced on it. I am glad it went to trial the second time and Michael was not found guilty. I am sure the jury weighed all of the evidence very profoundly because they knew it affected the life of that child and any children Michael would be near in the future. I have faith in the majority of the jury.

• flipper
    flipper

FLYING HIGH NOW- If you read the majority of posters on this thread- most of them , I'd say about 80 % agree with Avashai who originally posted his thoughts. We accept that YOU view the Michael Jackson case differently- but you are in the minority here on this particular thread. So I ask you the same question you asked of Missing Link - Why can't YOU just accept that people view the Michael Jackson case differently ? Some of us feel very strongly that justice was NOT carried out. We have seen injustices towards child abuse in the witness organization - and the same injustices also occur in the entertainment industry. Think about it

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Flipper. I accept that you don't agree. I have mostly posted about social workers on this thread. And did you not notice that a former social worker answered Avi and did not agree with him? My answer was to Missing Link's direct comment to me. Did you notice that? Probably not. I am getting that you read the comments rather quickly and post in a knee jerk manner. My posts on this thread are to point out that social workers are very fallible. They often make misjudgments, even the good ones that destroy lives. Point is, we cannot go with the feelings of all social workers on anything that has to do with protecting kids. I had to deal with them when I was a foster parent. They are so worried sometimes about not losing their jobs that at times they over react and then other times they are so overwhelmed by their caseloads that they overlook things they should not. They are notorious for missing big suspicions and reacting badly over little things they should not.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I counted five posters, including me, on this thread who do share similar views about Michael and social workers in Michael's favor. Flipper, you're one of the nicer guys on the forum, by the way. This is just one of the few things we don't agree on.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Chalk this great thread up among the "Agree to Disagree" category. Completely pointless and irrelevant.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was just thinking the same thing Daniel

Josie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN continues to keep the blinders on. You really think this "man" was asexual? And why are you so quick to defend him, but not so quick to defend molesting elders with MUCH less evidence against them? You're blinded by stardom. It's really sad and disturbing that there are so many people like you.

Just want to point out that it wasn't me who said that Michael is asexual.

People like me, Missing Link, happen to be people who WERE molested during childhood by friends of the family. Being someone who was molested, allthough I do not call myself a victim, I listen very carefully and weigh carefully evidence and gut feelings. Child molesters do give off vibes to children. While I will agree that Michael was on the eccentric and even bizarre side of decorum, dress and behavior, I don't get the child molestor creeps from him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit