Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

by minimus 231 Replies latest jw friends

• trueblue
    trueblue

The Bible never called anyone worldly that I am aware of.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Jehovah's Witnesses would not do that, they are the most wonderful people in the whole wide world.

You are a worldly person

• reniaa
    reniaa

the bible itself allow many to hold the same title but allows for one to hold it in either a superlative sense or unique sense among the others.

the bible calls and mentions many people and things as gods. The bible calls many people Lord, The bible calls many people king, the bible calls many people good. The bible calls many people prince.

This is where I find the argument that Jesus is... (insert a title or word here) and since God can also be called this that it somehow makes him God is a flawed argument since you then have to say anyone else using the (insert word/title here) is also God by virtue of the same logic, but then you say Jesus and God are separate and unique so if you put (insert title or word here) to them it means Jesus is God. Again this is flawed since it is the same as Jw logic of using superlative and uniqueness but this time making it apply to both Jesus and God.

Reniaa

• reniaa
    reniaa

Sorry trueblue you are wrong, worldly is a bible drawn word in it's fullest sense.

1. 1 Corinthians 3:1
      Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ.
    2. 1 Corinthians 3:3
      You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?
    3. 2 Corinthians 1:12
      Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, in the holiness and sincerity that are from God. We have done so not according to worldly wisdom but according to God's grace.
    4. 2 Corinthians 1:17
      When I planned this, did I do it lightly? Or do I make my plans in a worldly manner so that in the same breath I say, "Yes, yes" and "No, no"?
    5. 2 Corinthians 5:16
      So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
    6. 2 Corinthians 7:10
      Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
    7. Titus 2:12
      It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,
  • middleman
    middleman

bttt

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ok, the word worldly appears in the Bible. Obviously it has become internal jargon in dubdom...meaning anyone not a JW...since according to the GB anyone not a JW, or working to become one does not love God...so it therefore worldly.

• reniaa
    reniaa

if you read the scriptures I chose isaac it clearly shows christians used it to mean people and things outside of their faith too. worldly is worldly according to the bible.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

correct Reniaa...outside the teachings of Jesus. It would be presumptueous to expand that to outside one's religious organization. Those verses show a viewpoint outside devoid of God.

• homeschool
    homeschool

I've gotta make a comment so I cant keep track of this thread. Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I've agreed to have a "bible" study my a family member with the JW BOOK "What does the Bible Teach" & I need to be prepared. I havent studies a jw publication in twelve years. This should be interesting

• homeschool
    homeschool

Post 6393 of 6439
    Since 8/15/2007

renny did not answer to my point of what the crap do origins matter?....when even the WT says the same damm thing whenever they want to about some practice.....oompa Hehe, I like the new nickname Renny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit