Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

by minimus 231 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Reniaa,

now putting a date on current bible prophecy isn't prophecy but this scriptures allows prophecy in part which in my opinion is probably in relation to dealing with intepreting bible prophecies due to happen that are written so we know when they do come to fulfillment.

but whatever it mean this scripture shows the main gifts dispear which history itself testifies too but that knowing in part and prophecying in part do remain whatever we think on that.

So are you claiming that the WT is not God's prophet on the earth and doesn't prophesy?

What are they doing when they say that Thurday's off is a "gift from Jehovah" for example?

All the best,

Stephen

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa,

My replies are hard to dicipher in my last post.

In reply to you saying:

Jws believe in resurrection but in spirit formbut not in body

1 Peter 3:18 (New American Standard Bible)

18 For ( A ) Christ also died for sins ( B ) once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might ( C ) bring us to God, having been put to death ( D ) in the flesh, but made alive ( E ) in the spirit;

note here it says dead in flesh but made alive in spirit

some bible translation try to fluff this scripture by say 'by the spirit but....

In the Greek text the words "flesh" and "spirit" are put in contrast to each other, and both are in the dative case; so, if a translator uses the rendering "by the spirit" he should also consistently say "by the flesh" or if he uses "in the flesh" he should also say "in the spirit".

I replied:

My reply: In the spirit- by the power of the Holy Spirit. In Revelation John was in the Spirit when he saw visions. Was he disembodied or was he a man seeing vision by the power of the Holy Spirit

You said:

Also at 1 Corinthians 15:45 it says: "It is written: 'The first man Adam became a living soul.'The last Adam (Jesus Christ, who was perfect as Adam was when created) became a life giving spirit."

My reply: When did Adam become a living soul? When did Jesus become a life-giving spirit?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

I'm pretty sure when Jws talk of perfection coming it is when Jesus restores it. now putting a date on current bible prophecy isn't prophecy but this scriptures allows prophecy in part which in my opinion is probably in relation to dealing with intepreting bible prophecies due to happen that are written so we know when they do come to fulfillment.

My reply. Correct. BUT putting a date on current bible prophecy AND calling it God's date, or the Creator's promise IS prophecy..and when it does not come to pass it makes the one who uttered it a false prophet. Hey sounds like the WT to me! LOL

• Chalam
    Chalam

Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable...

"Boasting in Jehovah" 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

Now every bible has these verses something like this.

2 Corinthians 10:17-18 (New International Version)

17 But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." 18 For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

However, the NWT stand alone and inserts what they consider to be the Divine name for the Father. NWT 2 Corinthians 17 “But he that boasts, let him boast in Jehovah.” 18 For not the one who recommends himself is approved, but the man whom Jehovah recommends. Now, as Reniaa will likely remind me, Paul is quoting Jeremiah 9:24 so are they correct in their substitution of Jehovah for the Greek word for Lord? Let's see. A few chapter ago

NWT 2 Corinthians 12:1-21

I have to boast. It is not beneficial; but I shall pass on to supernatural visions and revelations of [the] Lord. I know a man in union with Christ who, fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know; God knows—was caught away as such to the third heaven. So Paul is boating in the Lord. Who is the Lord? Christ, he says so in the very next verse.

</form>

More boasting, in the previous chapter NWT 2 Corinthians 11

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

I say again, Let no man think I am unreasonable. Still, if YOU really do, accept me even if as unreasonable, that I too may do some little boasting. What I speak I speak, not after the Lord’s example, but as in unreasonableness, in this cocksureness peculiar to boasting. Since many are boasting according to the flesh, I too will boast.

More boasting about Christ. OK, one more NWT Galatians 6 Never may it occur that I should boast, except in the torture stake of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been impaled to me and I to the world. Still boasting about Jesus Christ. So, Paul says to only boast in the Lord. Who is the Lord? "Jehovah"? No, Jesus is Lord Romans 10:9 1 Corinthians 12:3 and we should only boast about Him. So here goes, Jesus is Lord, He loves me, He died for me, He is my advocate, my Mediator. His lives within me with His Spirit. Jesus is King of Kings and I am royalty and His brother. All the best, Stephen

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I like your point Chalam about who is Lord. JWs like to point to Cor where it says "To us there is one God..." as though this shoots down Jesus divinity. According to their logic Jesus can not be God because their is only one God. Then, according to the ir logic the Father can not be Lord since there is only one Lord.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If I recall, Paul only boasted in Christ and his Cross....

• designs
    designs

isaacaustin,

In JW theology titles of leadership can be applied to both Jehovah and Jesus. Whether you agree with this or not is not the point, their system allows for it. Jesus is Lord, God, Father etc. and collects and retains those titles by their concept of subordinationism. You should have learned that as a JW.

designs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Designs:

isaacaustin,

In JW theology titles of leadership can be applied to both Jehovah and Jesus. Whether you agree with this or not is not the point, their system allows for it. Jesus is Lord, God, Father etc. and collects and retains those titles by their concept of subordinationism. You should have learned that as a JW.

My reply: Oh yes. I learned that. But, my point is that if you are using the Cor verse about one God to state that Jesus can not be God, by the same logic the Father can not be Lord. Their system allows it yes, but it is not really consistent.

• designs
    designs

Isaacaustin,

Sure it is, that is simply a method of entitlement you find in any Monarchy. A Crown Prince being readied to become King begins to attain titles of authority and then the receives full powers of rulership.

designs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Doesn't seem that way to me. Just another thing where the Wt wants it both ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit