Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

by minimus 231 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Here's one example: being a Congregation Publisher. Nowhere in the Bible does it say you should be a "publisher" and turn in your time if you preach. They try to twist the scriptures by saying that numbers are constantly being recorded in the Bible so then conforming to the rules of being a Publisher is from the scriptures.

Yeah, right.

• Scully
    Scully

That True Christians™ did not, should not and will not observe holidays or birthdays. In fact, Romans 14:5 leaves the decision of whether to observe a certain day or not up to the individual.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Defaming the "Holy" bible by replacing the word Lord with Jehovah.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like that passage Scully. It was an eye opener for me cuz I had never heard that scripture at the hall.

Romans 14:5-6 (New International Version)

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Polo Shirts and Khakis in Paradise.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon
    Romans 14:5-6 (New International Version)

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

That's one that I share when arguing for holidays, among other tidbits of info...

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

That you are displeasing God and putting your salvation in jepoardy if you do not attend every meeting.

• sir82
    sir82

That the "faithful and discreet slave" (1) is a "class" of people, and (2) that it is the same group as the "144,000" of Revelation 7.

• yknot
    yknot

Most of the "New System" concept during the millennial reign......

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding the "class" beliefs, that's REALLY out there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit