Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

by minimus 231 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi homeschool

yea its not to bad, I can live with renny its better than some other nicknames they've used for me on here^^ lol

But I'm glad you are choosing to decide for yourself and have the study, whatever the future brings for you it is something you've gone into using your own judgement. Take care hun

Reniaa aka Renny

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

homeschool- if you would like some interesting questions to ask your conductor relative to the 'Bible Teach' book pm me and I will send you them/

• homeschool
    homeschool

isaacaustin, you have a pm

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

homeschool- nothing yet in my inbox...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

you do too Homeschool

• Chalam
    Chalam

Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

Jesus died on a "torture stake"

Did Jesus Really Die on a Cross? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

"The word stau·ros′ refers to an upright pole, stake, or post."

OK let's check out that claim, here's the greek the cross

4716. stauros (stow-ros')
    cross

σταυρ?ν σταυρ?ς σταυρο? σταυρ?

From the base of histemi; a stake or post (as set upright), i.e. (specially), a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment); figuratively, exposure to death, i.e. Self-denial; by implication, the atonement of Christ -- cross.

So why does the meaning also list "cross"? That is because stauros is THE greek word for cross, there is no other!

Notice the WT deception too?

"The word stau·ros′ refers to an upright pole, stake, or post."

They do not list cross in the meanings, even though there is no other word for "cross" in the greek.

They claim that the use of the "tree" in other passages proves a pole or stake. Obviously, they have seen tress with branches in before!

All the best,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

According to the Epistle of Barnabas, the shape od the cross was a "T".

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello PS,

I don't think it matters too much.

The important issue here is that the WT have claimed that the cross or "T" if you like is non biblical which it clearly isn't.

They have demonised the greatest symbol of all time, the one which point the way to the salvation for mankind and called it "pagan".

All the best,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Chalam,

I don't think the true shape of the cross matters that much either.

Besides Barnabas there is even graffiti found dates to the second century that shows a cross too.

My issue with the WT making the shpe of the cross and issue ( they did it, no one else did) is that, while they are right to say that ANY image shoudl not be worshipped they seem to forget that Paul BOASTED about the Cross and Jesus dying on it, it is NOT a bad symbol but a symbol of love and hope or at least Paul saw it that way.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yes PS, I agree. They want to keep people from the power of the cross

1 Corinthians 1:17-18 (New International Version)

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. This is written for the WT
    Philippians 3:18-21 (New International Version)

18 For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit