Name Things JWs Believe That Are Not Actually Biblically Provable

by minimus 231 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

isaacaustin,

You've gone in a different direction but certainly you understand the various schools of theology and levels of divinity. This particular view is simply a variation of Bishop Arius's coupled with 1st century Jewish Messianic views that the Society holds.

designs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

designs- Are you speaking of my beleifs that God is 3 person, who operate as one spiritual flesh, or one God?

What is the Arian variation you see?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Jehovah`s Witness`s are the Happiest People on Earth".................Definitly not in the Bible..............................OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Outlaw...it was always amazing as I grew up how I would hear JWs say that the world would look at them and desbelieve, saying people can not be this happy. I beleived it then. Must say now that that is sure a facade. JWs beleive that because the WT tells them so.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Isaacaustin..So true......When I left..No one would believe I was happier,out of that insane asylam..........Life must be horrible outside the WBT$..Because..The WBT$ says so!.................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• designs
    designs

isaacaustin,

We have been discussing the Witnesses theology and how they view titles being used by both Jehovah and Jesus. Are you familiar with Bishop Arius and his views or 1st century Jewish Messianic theology.

My feeling is that whether a person believes in a particular theology or not they should be conversant in other schools of theology. If you were to teach a class on Christian history you should be able to take the class through Sabellianism, the splits between East and West over the Filioque etc. even though those may not be your personal beliefs.

designs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I do not see my views as s variation of Arianism. I beleive Jesus is eternal- has always exisited. I beleive they are of the same nature, or essence.

• designs
    designs

isaacaustin,

But your views are not what we have been discussing, its the Witness view of why 2 persons can hold titles by the same name.

designs

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK, here is the spin direct from the WT

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20020601/article_02.htm

Myth 4: Some people are tormented after death.

Many religions teach that the wicked will go to a fiery hell and be tormented forever. Is this teaching logical and Scriptural? The human life span is limited to 70 or 80 years. Even if someone was guilty of extreme wickedness all his life, would everlasting torment be a just punishment? No. It would be grossly unjust to torment a man forever for the sins that he committed in a short lifetime.

OK, time to check the bible. I will quote the NWT to show the direct falsehood.

NWT Revelation 20

10 And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulphur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet [already were]; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha´des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and Ha´des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.

Notice how the WT elevate themselves to judge too :(

No. It would be grossly unjust to torment a man forever for the sins that he committed in a short lifetime.

2 Corinthians 10:5 (New International Version)

5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God

Amen!

All the best, Stephen

• designs
    designs

Someday a hyperbolic metaphor will walk up to a Fundamentalist and kiss them on the forehead

Dear Lord save us from the Fundi's.

designs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit