...Jehovah`s Witness Kids don`t miss Celebrating Birthdays,Christmas..ect..ect!!....

by OUTLAW 143 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

restrangled you make a valid point, what makes me agree with witnesses completely on this, is the weeks of preparation of rituals, glorification of it and downright worship of it that puts me off completely.

and there is one thing I cannot replace with any parties, I cannot give them the 'sacredness' the world gives these holidays because I don't want to. Sacredness is part of worship and the clear 'sacred' aspect people give to these holidays is clear by how they view them and how children are effected by the bombardment of this appeal to the 'sacredness' about them in the run up to them.

Reniaa

• frozen one
    frozen one

The reason the wbts forbids celebrating Christsmas, birthdays, etc is that the wbts eliminates anything that competes with the wbts primary objective of sell, sell, SELL! It is all about controling the distribution network.

To answer the question, anybody who claims that witness kids don't miss celebrating key events in life is a stark, raving lunatic.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even though I was recruited, I can sense how unnatural it was to hate Christmas and other holidays. True, if you are in a country where Thanksgiving is not in November, you will not miss it--because you get to celebrate it when your country's holiday is. And Christmas--the lights were still pretty, and I missed being able to participate (though not so much because I was already grown up when I became a witless).

I do remember wasting one Christmas at the house of another witless, though. We had a book study on Christmas Eve, with a pizza delivery after. After that, I spent the night there--it was so blah in retrospect without any of the trappings of the holiday. And, save for a few inches of snow (and the father having to shovel it), I would have had to waste the whole day out in field circus. As it was, I got to see the empty a$$embly hell, and a Kingdumb Hell. Now, if I thought of it as a complete waste of time, imagine children that have to go through that every year--no gifts, no trips to Grandma's across the state, no Christmas shopping, no setting up the Christmas tree--no nothing.

Even worse, by reading the theme of what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts on weekends and vacations, Christmas isn't the only thing that is missing. All after-school events or field trips are banned (bad associations and/or missing field circus after school). There are no trips to amusement parks, camping trips, the zoo, museums, or anything (you have to find the Kingdumb Hell, go to the boasting sessions, and support field circus). They have even put pictures of people taking recreational trips on Saturdays on the picture of washtowels to compare with people wasting that weekend in field circus--putting down people not out in field circus. And, virtually all the time is wasted in field circus, every day.

Witless children don't miss having any fun?

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

To be honest, not really, I was born in a family wear my mom was very into holiday's and my dad was an inactive, my grandma was really into the truth. I was allowed to celebrate stuff until I decided I was done, after a while I figure that I could buy my own stuff and not rely on other people buying it for me. When I helped my mom go shopping on black friday, people, adults, they were fraeking insane, almost like children, it was sad. I didn't want anything to do with it anymore. I'm not one of those people to celebrate my success with others, I am just glad I made an accomplishment and leave it at that, so I didn't have grad parties. I had a couple birthday parties, I just invited some friends over to my house and we played video games all night...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning JWN!!!!....To all those who have answered on topic..You Have made this an Awsome Thread!!....................Look how frigg`n many of us have had the same experience..And..Some who have kept these feelinings bottled up for years and let those feelings out on this thread........Incredible!!.......So many young lives wanting to experience the joys of life..Normal things most kids want.....Is it any wonder we look back on it with a sense of loss?..........Even more interesting..How many of us made sure our kids got to do the things we could not,as Jehovah`s Witness Kids..............................OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Even more interesting..How many of us made sure our kids got to do the things we could not,as Jehovah`s Witness Kids..............................OUTLAW"

Me for one. My kids are celebrating the holidays I didn't and secretly wished that I could celebrate. Birthdays and all. One of the best Christmases was a few months after I had lost my job at Levi's. I came up on the bright idea of making my decorations for the tree: popcorn stars, paperbag gingerbread people, and paper chains. When I got all that stuff on the tree it was beautiful. Hubby and the kids loved it too.

Celebrating the holidays doesn't have to be expensive. I also don't purchase costumes for the kids. They have to think of what they want to be and then we go about creating the look. Puts my sewing skills to good use.

Josie

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's not about presents!

I don't get any presents, and I don't want any thanks.

Kids get excited about presents like any normal child would.

Outlaw, you're getting up at 11:30 now??? Holy crap man, what's up with that mang?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Apparently I'm in the minority because I never felt left out with holidays. I always liked being different. In fact, often when I didn't have to participate in a school activity because of a holiday, other kids wanted out of it, too and would try to claim that it was against their religion, too.

Now that I'm out, I still hate gift-giving holidays. I hate the "Ok, it's my birthday, where's my party? Where's my presents?" attitude. I like to be with my family because it's a big family and the holidays are the only time that a sizable group of them can get together.

What I did miss out on were the things we should have been able to do on our own at other times, but didn't. Presents for the sake of a holiday are annoying. Presents to surprise someone you love are great! We told people that we could give presents any time of year, but we never did.

The only people to get presents and parties were people who got married and had babies. You know how frustrating that was for us singles? We did it for the sake of the "kingdom" but no one celebrated us.

And I dearly wanted to have a costume party, but the GB farted all over that. Most forms of music and dance were frowned upon. It really seemed like every kind of fun, no matter how innocent, was banned.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Every culture and religion has feast days and days of celebration and even memorials and mourning. That is what we were all missing. JWs have NOTHING, no ritual, nothing to 'look forward to' except a MEMORIAL of a DEATH and long days sitting in the hot sun/rain/muggy (whatever) listening to long droning speeches. Human beings feast and celebrate-God gave us joy and in the OT there were days to look forward to as FEASTS and recognition of what God did for them. JWs get to (maybe) watch someone drink wine and eat unleavened bread once a year.

Heck, now they don't even have the half frozen assembly pudding to look forward to!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So Canary, when are you going to throw a costume party?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit