...Jehovah`s Witness Kids don`t miss Celebrating Birthdays,Christmas..ect..ect!!....

by OUTLAW 143 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow!!..I want to thank each and everyone of you who have answered this Thread.."On Topic!!"...........You guys are the best!!............Hammy..I want to address the Poverty Issue..In the real world..There are Charities that help with Celebrations like Christmas.....Even the "Very Poor" can enjoy Christmas.....As JW`s we are kept ignorant of people in the outside world,that would help us live a normal life......The WBT$ wants to keep all JWs,Ignorant and Dependent on an organization that "Will" literally,suck the life out of them...........................I really do want to hear more,from all of you!!..........This has to be one of the most healing threads I have written..I no longer feel alone in my thoughts,on this issue..I have the Posters who Honestly answered this Thread,to Thank for that.............................................OUTLAW

• crapola
    crapola

Outlaw, thank you for starting this thread. It feels so good to be able to finally voice the feelings I' ve kept inside for all these years. Like you said, it is very healing to get it all out. Thank You

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, thank you Outlaw. This is a great thread. Very healing for me also to talk about it.

• donny
    donny

Are english children suffering because we don't celebrate thanksgiving?

anyone brave enough to answer this?

This is not a valid comparison. My JW children did not "miss" celebrating other nations holidays because no one around them was. But Christmas, Easter and New Years are holidays celbrated by many nations and these are the ones that cause most JW youth to feel they are missing out. The onlt JW kids who suffer because they did/do not celebrate Thanksgiving are JW's in the U.S.

Jesus celebrated chanukah, but if any JW did, he would be called before the elders about why he is participating in a "worldy" holiday.

Don

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Very much so, I missed them a lot. Having to go stand in the hall or sit in the office while the birthday parties went on... Feeling like a freak all the damn time... Yeah, yeah I did.

In answer to reinas question did the jews miss the celebrations around them in egypt. I would say clearly they did! As soon as moses turned his back they started doing them didn't they! lol

• I quit!
    I quit!

"I'm a born-in who wanted to do it all: Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving (on the right day), Easter, Birthdays, etc etc. There was nothing to filled the void."

This is exactly why Edmond Gruss entitled his book "The Apostles of Denial" They take everything away replacing it with nothing worth while.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Is this a book that you recommend?

• I quit!
    I quit!

If you are referring to the Apostles of Denial, yes. If you can find it.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Thanks. I found it on Amazon-used. I ordered it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

The answers given on this thread should be saved and shown to anyone thinking of becoming a JW. It might help them realize the harm they would be doing to their children if they joined that religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit