...Jehovah`s Witness Kids don`t miss Celebrating Birthdays,Christmas..ect..ect!!....

by OUTLAW 143 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember in grade school having to go sit in the principals office everytime

the class did anything fun, celebrate anything, because I had a wacko mother

who joined a false religious cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"What kind of religion makes people feel there's something wrong with sending their mom a card ???"..........Good Question...............How about..A Religion that wants to replace your mom,your family and anything else that brings joy to a persons life.. ...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

If you were surrounded by Jews but did none of their celebrations would you have missed them?

Do english JWs miss having a thanksgiving even though only people in america celebrate it?

Did the israelites miss all the egyptian celebrations when they left with moses?

what are you actually missing?

Party's? Presents? Fun toys and games? Or just being the same as others?

I know many witness kids whose parents made a real effort to keep alternates things flowing with fun as I do. My kids may one day want to comform with the (insert whatever countries celebrations the majority observe) here but I think this not just about missing a few parties but more about the perception of People thinking they've missed out.

Reniaa

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

No, I didn't want a Birthday party or Christmas. I have a brother and sisters, so my mom did treasure hunts for us a couple times a year. We had maps and everything. Cool gifts.

I was interviewed a bunch of times on the meetings and assemblies because I used to say how I didn't miss the holidays or birthdays.

Of course, my mom made sure I had gifts and parties, others just let their kids go without.

BF

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Of course, my mom made sure I had gifts and parties, others just let their kids go without."

My siblings and I were among the ones who went without, though when we got a bit older Mother would buy us a cake without lettering and present it on our birthdays...no candles or song of course.

Josie

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I was one of the ones that went without also. My husband and very young first child were the first people to ever get me a real decorated birthday cake. I cried. I don't think my husband understood and certainly not my young daughter.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Afternoon Reniaa!..I just knew you would show up..LOL!!......Lets see if you were able to asnswer the question asked..And..Stay on topic............The Question is:"When you were a Jehovah`s Witness Kid,did you want to Participate in Celebrations?" You replyed..:

If you were surrounded by Jews but did none of their celebrations would you have missed them?..You never answered my Question..You Asked a Question..This is not your Thread ,this is my Thread!

Do english JWs miss having a thanksgiving even though only people in america celebrate it?.. You never answered my Question..You Asked a Question..This is not your Thread ,this is my Thread!

Did the israelites miss all the egyptian celebrations when they left with moses? .. You never answereded my Question..You Asked a Question..This is not your Thread ,this is my Thread!

what are you actually missing?.. You never answer my Question..You Asked a Question..This is not your Thread ,this is my Thread!

Party's? Presents? Fun toys and games? Or just being the same as others?.. You never answered my Question..You Asked a Question..This is not your Thread ,this is my Thread!

I know many witness kids whose parents made a real effort to keep alternates things flowing with fun as I do. My kids may one day want to comform with the (insert whatever countries celebrations the majority observe) here but I think this not just about missing a few parties but more about the perception of missing out. ..This is not your Thread ,this is my Thread!.....I did not invite you to Hi-Jack it.....Answer the Question or stay off My Thread!!

Reniaa........................Reniaa..You really are a Rude Ass..Don`t pull this kind of crap on any of my threads again!!.....Have a Nice Day!...................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• crapola
    crapola

No Reniaa,, it's not just thinking we missed out,, we did miss out. We are not so dumb as to not know the difference. So don't try and make us feel guilty for saying we missed out.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    what are you actually missing?

Party's? Presents? Fun toys and games? Or just being the same as others?

I imagine they miss sharing in the human experience and in human culture.

And while my parents gave us 'gift baskets' a few times a year, I did wish we would take the time to celebrate our lives and focus on the positive for a change.

more about the perception of People thinking they've missed out.

They are missing out, absolutely. We are social creatures, and social activites - real social activites where we can interact, push social boundries, take social risks, and learn all the good and bad that comes from doing those things are very important to social development.

The holidays are not just black & white pagan rituals - they are a part of our culture that we evolved over the years as something we need. The origins of the holiday often has very little to do with the actual experience. Witnesses cannot understand that, everything is black and white to them.. mostly black.

- Lime

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Reniaa could never make me feel guilty for feeling or saying that it was f-u'd missing holidays and birthdays because of bOrg doctrine. Nor could she ever make me feel guilty for celebrating everything with my children now. No one, not even her, has that kind of power over me anymore.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit