...Jehovah`s Witness Kids don`t miss Celebrating Birthdays,Christmas..ect..ect!!....

by OUTLAW 143 Replies latest jw friends

• Free
    Free

Even though the one who uses the name Reniaa seems to always have the uncontrolable need to try and push peoples buttons, It says in their Bio that they like to talk to interesting people. Maybe thats why they come here, Maybe their life is so uninterestingly boring that there is nowhere else to turn and other peoples misery sustained by the Cult is the only way they can feel better about themselves. I guarantee they probably live alone and if they have children, that they most definitly resent them in some way. Coals upon your head Reniaa ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

YOU ARE MISERABLE !!!!!! IT'S OBVIOUS.

The pain a child must go through in school when they have brainwashed parents in the Cult must be unbearable sometime's.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

ITS the horrible feeling of being missed out, passed over, you are the piebald kitten in a basket of thoroughbreds.

Everybody else is having fun with their families, with their friends. But you just sit at home AGAIN.

Witless kids miss being the odd one out.

Since Thanksgiving is not celebrated in England, no witless kid would miss it. But at Harvest Festival, they feel like the third man digging a hole with only two spades.

I am sure that in Japan the Kids feel missed out in the Shinto festivals too.

It is only later that I realised how this whole festivals thing scarred me.

I remember My Gran remarking that in the JW world there is nothing to look forward to. The whole year is just a Grey Blank. There are no festivals or celebrations (and I dont include the Reject Jesus Festival)

The A$$embly is hardly a festival when tired parents spend a fortune going to listen to the same old, being told they are not good enough. Oh- yes yes yes - ANNNND this year they are going to be guilted out because they have not spent their working lives building up a PIONEER FUND for junior. Maybe other members of the Christian Congregation will gift him the money at any time of the year until he turns 18.

HB

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ah yes, it was such a joy growing up in the bOrg...not! *rolls eyes*

Josie

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The REAL point of this thread is whether JW kids feel missed out in THE PARTICULAR SOCIETY they live in because they are set apart from all the local customs, be they Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Shinto , Buddhist, Sikh, or Native American.

MYopic ethnocentric comments are not worthy of answer.

HB

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

While we never had a birthday party, my parents would get us a card (with the word "birth" scratched out), some little gift, maybe a cake that said "Have a nice Day" and my dad would always talk about the day we were born and brought home from the hospital. On Christmas and Thanksgiving, we usually had a turkey dinner with my grandparents or some other relative, but no presents at Christmas. I'm thankful to my parents that they weren't the strict JW's that so many here seem to have had.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I remember one year in elementry school, our music teacher brought a big round parachute to school, and all the kids would grab it by the edge all the way around, and sing and dance in a circle as they used it as a sort of carousel.

But not me. The songs they were singing while laughing and dancing were 'pagan' (I forget what holiday it was at the time). So, I sat in a corner and watched as the other kids had fun. How could you feel anything other than being left out?

- Lime

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Well I can offer a real life example of real children. Mine. We've been out for a little more than a year. My kids love playing sports and thank us for taking them to every game. My little one asked "tell me again why we weren't allowed to do this before?" After I picked him up from a fun filled birthday party we all went to the mall and picked out gifts for Dad tomorrow. My older children are at the neighbors now sitting around a fire and talking. We are going to sleep in in the morning and do what ever daddy wants. They constantly thank me for getting them out of a cult and how much more they are enjoying their life now.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Good for you, no more kool aid. Thanks for putting your children first. You are a great mom.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I will say that my experince of people celebrating in my estate around me was the kids that enjoyed them most were the ones that had parents that could afford them! Money or lack of it often being the issue on enjoyment.

Celebrating birthdays and holidays has little to do wih money and much to do with making people feel special.

Outlaw, I was 12 and my brother was 10 when our mother became a jw, so we had birthdays and holidays until then. But when it all stopped, it wasn't the lack of presents as much as it was just having an ocassion to celebrate. Everyone, especially children, need to feel special. What better way to do that than to at least celebrate the vday they were born?

I'm so sorry for those of you who missed out. I hope now that you're adults you go all out for good times. I know I do!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I wanted it all but especially Halloween, Christmas and New Years! Even as an adult, I wanted these holidays.

We were always sent to the library during any celebrations. I remember not being allowed to draw a thanksgiving turkey when I was in school. I was the only kid that didn't have one stuck to front of the classroom wall. Remember when your teacher had you make and decorate a christmas tree using old reader digest mags? I had to sit at the back of the class and do an extra credit reading assignment when all I wanted was to have the teacher spray paint my tree so I could decorate it with gold sparkles.

I never understood why JWs don't celebrate birthdays and New Years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit