One of the Governing Body had a stroke yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 426 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

BF,

After reading your contributions, I get the feelings that we should regard Mr. Jaracz's past and present actions as merely have been drived with conviction as it were in 'God's guidance' in the same way we did when we got baptised and preached from house to house. Later, some of us here did come to our sinses, then decided this was not the way we wanted thing to go or expected. Then finally cut off from the organisation. Likewise, some of families are still there within, have not yet come to their senses same as Mr. Jaracz. By and large, its been a wonderful learning experiences about this mysterious GB in NY.

Scott77

• Japster
    Japster

Barbara Anderson you have a pm

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Yes, Scott77, I was really a true believer. I cried over those I felt I had to disfellowship, I really thought they were headed to Gehenna.

I will say this though, once in my assignment, when a Service Department brother told me not to worry about a certain victim of molestation, that "Jehovah will erase her brain at Armageddon,", that angered me. I spoke back in a somewhat rude manner to him.

That was one of the things that started me on the road to realization.

I wonder why brother Jaracz never had that realization. Only Ray Franz did.

BF

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I wonder why brother Jaracz never had that realization. Only Ray Franz did.

As far as you know.

Kicking Ray to the curb may have caused everyone else to keep their mind shut, but maybe only keep their mouth shut.
    Since WE KNOW it ain't the truth, we can imagine that many within the ivory tower suspect the same, but have everything to lose.

Ray lived in a beat up trailer with no money. If he weren't a gifted writer, what would he have done? Ted probably knows he only has the gift of directing the flock. Not much money in that for an old man outside of the tower.

But I doubt it. He probably really believes in himself and the 2/3rds majority that Jehovah uses. He should be welcoming death right about now, as he thinks he will get to sit on a real throne next to Russell and the apostles and the rest. There should be cheering at his death, both from believers and unbelievers.

I can't wait for the speculation threads- who will they get to replenish the GB? Will they start to moderate or crack the whip harder?

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Will they start to moderate or crack the whip harder?

OTWO, My answer in two words: Gerrit Lösch

• yknot
    yknot

Sorry and no disrespect intended BF (or to any of you who have served in Service).... but....

He is a service geek. Service while being the largest segment of the WTS, is the bottom of the Bethel hierarchy. They are enforcers of all things WTS, not the creators.....

I didn't speak to him personally but sat in close enough proximity to hear his comment to those he felt were his peers.

Service man, through and through....... (granted I appreciated his ability to quote scripture thoughtfully!)

I think (as IMHO only) that he is not a natural born leader, rather he is a maintainer of traditions. He gave a sense of responsibility for the flock as a whole but as only has enforcement in his arsenal and not the desire nor intelligence to create or blaze spiritual trails. I am sure he saw it as a sign from God to have outlived all those with opposing personalities, that the traditions were correct and worth fighting to keep (he had been approved/vindicated by God). He just wanted to keep things in line, not to be the one at the helm when they are abandoned......no that was not going to happen, not on his watch. He would be faithful to those traditions to the bitter end, fighting off those who would invoke change.

That all said, should he pull through, it will be interesting how a near death experience shapes his psyche. More vindication and resolve or a new leaf?

Again this was only from my observations, they weren't extensive just a couple of weekends in California many years ago.

From the accounts given about Knorr appointing him out of spite it would reaffirm the point that not all foot soldiers make great Generals.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

There was over 6,000 views on this thread when I checked it this am, now it's up to almost 8,800!!!

Amazing!!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What about all the Clergy who love their flock and tirelessly help those who need it?

The WT (led by TJ) trashes them and cannot wait to see them and everybody else destroyed without mercy.

The scripture is soo right "having no natural affection" a sign indeed.

The WTBTS is in its own "time of the end"

HB

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    There was over 6,000 views on this thread when I checked it this am, now it's up to almost 8,800!!!

We are just so concerned about dear Brother J. Or, we just want to get a shot in before it seems disrespectful.

OR we just want to know what it will mean for the future. Or we are pathetic and stuck on being ex-JW's that cannot move on with life and find this thread more interesting than NEWS FLASHES.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Undercover: You have made so many excellent points. We can only wish that the Bethel system was different, but it wasn't and isn't.

I believe that the negatives are amply explained to those who seek out special service. I know I heard them all. However, we didn't want to believe what we heard. It was "Mecca" where we were going and nobody could tell us otherwise. Joe spent three years at Bethel in the 1950s and told me I wouldn't last, but I did, through thick and thin. I became a JW at 14 and had it drummed into my head that Witnesses were imperfect, so no matter what I saw I blamed imperfection and never questioned that it wasn't "the truth." I'm sympathetic because "there by the grace of God go I."

I understand perfectly what BonaFide is trying to get across. Joe was a servant in a congregation when he was about 18. He would have walked through fire for "Jehovah." That's the way it was. I was like Jaracz. I lived by the letter of the law, but I was not cold or distant as he is. It's probably a personality trait on this part. Maybe that's why he married an outgoing woman. As sincere and whole-souled as he is, we all agree that as unwritten "Boss" of the GB, he's responsible for so much harm that it's impossible to tally up.

If you go back and reread what I've written on this thread about Barry removing Jaracz from the Australian Branch for wrongdoing and then Knorr sent him to Calif. as DO, just think about it--You don't get removed as BO unless it's pretty obvious that you really transgressed in a big way. These men in high position in the org. stick together. They only remove a peer when they absolutely have to. I've suspected for a long time what it was that Jaracz did but have no proof. But whatever it was, it was serious. Knorr should have never sent him to California as DO. I have it on good authority and said this in another post that Knorr was so angry with the Directiors for taking away his power, Jaracz was brought in to get even. Knorr knew exactly what he was doing. They didn't want him as Boss, so he gave them Jaracz.

I'm as conflicted as the next person about all the issues that have been raised here. I don't have definitive answers. All I can do is pass along information just like the others are doing who were in special service but are now out of the organization. I'm trying to be realistic and think about everybody's point of view. The human personality is so complicated. We are who we are for lots of reasons and with Jaracz we're all trying to figure out what made him tick. But until we know more about his upbringing (raised by 3 maiden aunts) and find out more about his early life and where were his parents?, who of his relatives molded his thinking?, etc., we just go round and round about this enigma of a man who didn't want his life story published nor wanted to talk about himself at all. It was as if he was hiding from something or maybe himself.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, this man became totally different under certain circumstances that it was noticed not just by me, but by others. I bet a shrink would have found him fascinating. Maybe in his positions of authority from such a young age, he saw too much bad stuff, so gradually closed down his own personality and navigated his theocratic life happily by blocking out the human element. By concentrating only on the scriptures and the Kingdom message that made up "the work," he in effect divorced himself from reality.

Listen to the discussion Randy Watters put on his Freeminds site between Alan Feuerbacher and Ted in 2001. It's fascinating. Jaracz comes across as an extremely kind and loving person. This is the kindly man those outside of Bethel saw, those he didn't know personally. He became emotional when he spoke of the increases in the organization. This is not the man Bethelites as a whole saw except if they were being "groomed" for MTS. I thought the use of that word by Jeff very interesting. Jaracz was grooming young men for reasons not entirely clear. Certainly, the young men weren't harmed by Jaracz, yet his personal involvement with them only with regard to MTS gave him immense satisfaction. Why?

That kindness rarely extended to the general run of the mill Bethelite. He treated Bethelites like they were an annoyance except if he needed something from one of them. This was the man who lived in the "50s." It was his influence that prevents the Awake! or Watchtower to show any women in pants. Look at pictures of families going out in service: Dad in a suit; Mom in a dress; One little boy in a suit and a little girl in a pretty dress. The ideal family. If that isn't fantasy, I don't know what is.

Jaracz didn't want women in Bethel to wear blue jeans, but was overruled because the work they did required jeans. Then he had to be told to stop scolding women in the elevators if he saw they had on jeans and they weren't working. He brought many a girl to tears. Personally, I don't think he liked women very much. Just certain ones he could control. This man definitely had issues!

Okay, I've exhausted this subject and myself. Maybe you are all tired of this subject. I know I am.

Barb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit