One of the Governing Body had a stroke yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 426 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I just like to mention folks that if TJ dies there are a multitude of men that would gladly fill his spot

and gain all the important stature and privilege that comes with being a GB member of the WTS.

It may very well be the most lofty and secure position in the entire organization for a man whose getting up in age.

Of course he would be expected to tow the party line and slowly blend into the hierarchy.

ummmm I wonder how well their medical coverage is, this might be worth looking into, I'd love to travel around the world

and have my butt kissed by the lower class wherever I go

• Homerovah the Almighty
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

has the bastard croaked yet?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    has the bastard croaked yet

Is there anyone on the existing GB less liked than TJ??

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Where in Brooklyn head quarters would you able to apply for the job, it sounds like a good one ?

I have my resume already typed out.

Yes, I'm moving on up to the big Tower in the sky.....oh ya

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    To me the most reprehensible buch has to be the traveling O's. Maybe I'm biased because i was one. But these guys and their wives are on the streets, they see brothers and sisters everyday. They should know how it is; they should be a bit (just a bit at least) more reasonable, more compassionate. But all I see is ego trips, stupid rules left and right, total lack of personal interest in people. In our congregation we have widows, orphans, people battling cancer, old folks in homes, but everytime the CO comes is seems like he's here just to give us a hard time, insisting in the minutiea (e.g. Elders and MS should not sit on the same seats all the time, the microphones, kids running, the lenght of sister x skirt -and forget about who sister x is and what problems she may be facing-, the cards and the paperwork and a very long etc.), while totally overlooking the needs of the congregation. Their 'comfort words' are so hollow, pre-fabricated and un-sincere that it's sickening.

Wow Winston, you said a mouthful. I can't tell you how ticked off it made me to deal with CO's who were all about the numbers. Lets face it, if your numbers weren't good, then the CO's weren't good, so his effectiveness, which is measured by Cong stats compiled by the SEC, must be improved.

Otherwise, all will suffer.

This brought up a random thought, but to the extent that a "good" CO was around, it really helped the mojo of the congregation and the elders. Some of these CO's are idiots! They take their personal SR crap out on the local BOE, then expect the body to treat the congregation like sheep? Give me a break...

And so that I can tie this into the thread, as TJ was the push behind MTS, its clear to see how he saw things in the borg... He wanted CO's to be about the numbers....

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I keep checking my emails and PMs and I've yet to receive any other information about Jaracz's condition. As pointed out, he could very well live for years more. But we'll patiently wait for his demise. He's been ill for a long time. Probably hasn't been able to contribute much for quite a while and what is going on in the org. today is the work of the new boys in the GB. Yikes!

It appears to me what the organization lost were people who loved "Jehovah." Now, the people taking their place are in it for all the wrong reasons. I remember wonderful COs and DOs. (I also remember the other kind but they seemed to be in a minority.) When I was leaving the org. in the late 90s, I saw what winstonchurchill is talking about and it was very discouraging. After Joe left some four years after me, he told me how the elders argued like children in their elder meetings. He was so disappointed in what he was seeing but tried to hang on.

Their 'comfort words' are so hollow, pre-fabricated and un-sincere that it's sickening. This is what I hear from those who are reaching out and speaking to me in private. If anything, this org. is in the process of destroying itself from within, but as it goes down, guess who is getting the blame? Yep, the "apostates." I have it on good authority, disgusted observers inside are saying that it will implode. And it's okay with me. It's the system that has to go, but the misled people will eventually (once they get their heads on straight) be happy it's gone once they taste freedom from the power and control. Who knows, maybe a rebellion will make it a kinder and more gentle organiztion.

It's difficult but I try to look at the bright side because our son and his family are still in although I just found out recently that our son resigned as an elder. We don't know the reason. He's one of those martyr-types and will probably hang on until he dies or the WT dies, which ever comes first. (Sorry to say, we trained him to be like that.) I do know that he believes that everything is happening just like Jehovah wants it to. Jehovah has everything under control and the end is coming soon. He has said he loves Jehovah, not an organization, so it doesn't bother him enough to leave when he sees all the things winstonchurchill says are happening.

Barb

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If we couldn't work, we would go home.
    Is the Society under obligation to support people who are in special work even when they are no longer in special work?

Barbara, I read a certain level of compassion without bitterness in your posts, similar to Ray Franz's books. It takes some kind of specialness to stay that way after seeing what you saw. I don't wish to argue about it, but offer something from my bitter point of view. To the second quote above, YES- the Society is under obligation to support people who are in special work even when they are no longer able to perform that particular special work.

Taking on young Bethelites, the organization takes them into the family and the business. It's a family. Family look out for each other. If the young guy becomes unhealthy and needs to go back home, the Bethel family should understand that and not insist on his trying to send back the cost of surgery. He can repay if he is able, but his family is also his employer and they assumed that risk by taking him in. And if an employer could not fire him after the surgery because he is still able to perform his job, then WTS shouldn't really be able to ask him to go out. Since he is family and employee, find something suitable for him to do.

If he could no longer stand for hours, give him a job with a chair. I remember this story that made WTS sound as if they would never get rid of "lifers." Someone said how there were a bunch of older Bethelites, way up in their 80's, sitting around straightening clothes hangers. That's all they were doing, with no pressure to perform, "just straighten hangers as best you can, guys." That's all BS now. Today's WTS would get rid of a Bethelite like that from what I have read. If you aren't upwardly mobile to find the right job, today you will be another Bethel layoff.

As far as a CO or DO's widowed wife- it's a tough call. There may have been no expectation of continued support. Such a widow should never have been put into such a circumstance of being penniless and homeless if "he" were to die. The organization owes it to their volunteers to explain that to them, help them see that they need a backup were such a thing to occur. I know the CO or DO may have been fully aware of that and just felt that "Jehovah" will provide. See, that is the tough part. Telling these guys that their service will be blessed by Jehovah makes them feel that such a tragic circumstance as their wife being put out would never happen.

I say they should live as paupers and save every last green handshake for the possibility of losing the job of CO or for the husband dying. Submit their cost of living each week to the congregations and never live beyond that. The longer they serve, the more green handshakes they have stuffed in the mattress. Either that, or only husband/wife teams that are prepared for such a tragedy would be accepted for the job and WTS would look over the finances in such a way. (I know- better yet that nobody should do the job for the cult, but I am trying to answer from the prospective that it needs to be done in a loving organization.) If the organization cannot make sure that only such men get those jobs, then they go back to being the family and the employer. They owe it to her to find a place for her. Straighten those hangers, make coffee for the office staff. At least give her a cot and 3 hot meals for the rest of her life. If it's Jehovah's organization, Jehovah will find a way to pay for it.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I know those of us that have been treated rather well by the Society are a minority. I had two surgeries actually, while a missionary. Both in NY. Both my airfare round-trip to NY was paid. And the surgeries? I never saw a bill. The doctor's offices I would be sent to by the Bethel Office would hand me an envelope and say, "Give that to your people at Watchtower." I suppose it was the bill.

The one thing that I think some members here are having a hard time getting their head around, is why Ted Jaracz acted the way he did.

I think you might like this background info. My Branch Coordinator in my missionary assignment, who has since passed away, was in brother Jaracz's congregation here in the US when he was a boy. Brother Jaracz was the Congregation Servant at age 19 or 20. Yes, that's right. 19 or 20. I can't remember what city, though, I have it in some old notes somewhere.

Anyway, my Branch Coordinator said that brother Jaracz was very focused as a young man. He took his responsibility seriously as Congregation Servant. So for someone like him, who GREW UP in the Organization, then was appointed as a young man to a position of responsibility, he would really take it seriously.

I was the same way. I could not believe I was appointed as an elder at 24. (Foreign countries appoint younger men) Then at 28, I was appointed as a circuit overseer. I remember praying for hours in my room in the missionary home over this. The Branch Coordinator told me that I was now the shepherd for 1200 people. He told me to be careful as I was a young C.O.

So understand that Ted Jaracz would have been indoctrinated as a young person to follow the Organization. Then he was appointed as a young man to be Congregation Servant. Lots of responsibility, and the idea that God appointed you to have that responsibility.

Then he went to Gilead, and became Branch Servant of Australia, as they called them then. Can you imagine a young man thinking he is appointed by God to be a Branch Servant of an entire country? In his mind, he is more important than the president.

Then eventually he was appointed as a member of the Governing Body, again the youngest one I believe. He would have been about 50 years old. By that time his entire life would be in the Organization.

So when we try to figure out why he didn't make sense, and why he didn't seem to care about people, well, in his own way he did. You can see in that interview on Panorama, he is uncomfortable because he can't see why a worldly person would have the right to ask him anything! He is a man of God! An appointed member of the Governing Body! How dare she ask HIM a question! He is only God's servant doing what he is supposed to do! God's Kingdom will rid mankind of all those problems, so why raise a fuss NOW?

Another thing I think is interesting is that in my understanding, brother Jaracz refused to have his life story published in the Watchtower. My Branch Coordinator told me once that all the GB were told by the Writing Department to have their life stories in the WT. I think I remember only brother Jaracz and brother Henschel refusing. The others gave photos and experiences and were happy to have their article published.

I just never saw brother Jaracz look for personal glory. In his talks, he never seemed to direct attention to himself. He saw himself as a servant of God with a heavy responsibility. He thought we was like Moses and Paul, he really did. "I must lead the people of God."

I think that those of us that were in "special service" for years, we can see how some things could happen. I mean, I lived and breathed the Organization for almost all my life. I used to write letters to the Branch regarding policy. I even wrote to NY a couple of times, and they answered me through the Branch. I worked hard for reform, as I saw it. I didn't think for myself because I never learned how. I looked up to the GB and brothers like Jaracz. I accepted the reality that was presented to me as being the truth, the only way.

Brother Jaracz, I really believe, would have gone and lived in a hut with no electricity and no running water, if he thought that was Jehovah's will.

There is a subtle way of directing attention to yourself on the platform, I have done it I am sorry to say, and I have seen others such as C.O.'s and D.O.'s do it many times. And in groups as well, talking about how "even those of us as circuit overseers" are "counseled" by the Society, and how "even we as circuit overseers need to progress."

I have never seen brother Jaracz do it.

Yes, he has to shoulder a lot of blame for so much suffering. But I am unsure that some here realize WHY he did what he did, and WHAT REALLY MADE HIM TICK. If you are CONVINCED that you are God's appointed servant, and that God will soon fix everything, and not to worry now, what would YOU do?

Ok, rant over.

BF

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Though this thread started about Mr. Jaracz's stroke, it has given me so much insight into the workings of the GB and the feelings of xjws towards the GB......thanks all of you for sharing these thoughts and stories and please keep them coming.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit