so they never claimed to be an inspired prophet?

by ninja 189 Replies latest watchtower bible

• reniaa
    reniaa

Dates are delt with in the bible and warned against but they are not said to be signs of false prophets or prophecy by the scripture warning against them but clearly something God's own people would be in danger of doing.

Mark 13:32-33 (New International Version)

32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert [ a ] ! You do not know when that time will come. so the bible itself shows this is a failing and danger of Gods own people not false prophets.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Reniaa, do you believe what you post?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

reniaa check your pm...I sent you some good stuff

• reniaa
    reniaa

i don't get pm's since we've been on knew one all I get is this message

"Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Dates are delt with in the bible and warned against but they are not said to be signs of false prophets or prophecy by the scripture warning against them but clearly something God's own people would be in danger of doing.

Mark 13:32-33 (New International Version)

32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert [ a ] ! You do not know when that time will come. so the bible itself shows this is a failing and danger of Gods own people not false prophets. My reply: Sorry i can't help myself in responding to this one. Jesus was replying to a question of when. Again, a question. I have adressed this point multiple times here. Are you physically blind as well? A question...not a madate that one must believe or else. And the WT refuses even to listen to jesus words that no one knows the day or hour by insisitng that they do/did.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    i don't get pm's since we've been on knew one all I get is this message
    "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request."

Yes, that's a forum glitch. When you see it, hit your back button and click the post again, and the pm will be there.

• reniaa
    reniaa
    1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 (New International Version)

1 Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

this scripture shows while the people will be caught by surprised God's people will be in expectation of armageddon. they will read the signs correctly and be in readiness and not be surprised by the 'thief'

1 Peter 10,11

10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets sought and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching for who or what kind of time the Spirit of Christ, which was in them, pointed to, when he predicted the sufferings of Christ, and the glories that would follow them.

Here clearly shows God's people tried to put time on things did this make them false prophets? does it show making dates is forbidden? Nope it just shows God's people do this and just won't be given the time however much they may look. it is not forbidden and You could argue looking for dates is a sign of God's people by their eagerness.

• reniaa
    reniaa

1 Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

this scripture shows while the people will be caught by surprised God's people will be in expectation of armageddon. they will read the signs correctly and be in readiness and not be surprised by the 'thief'

1 Peter 10,11

10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets sought and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching for who or what kind of time the Spirit of Christ, which was in them, pointed to, when he predicted the sufferings of Christ, and the glories that would follow them.

Here clearly shows God's people tried to put time on things did this make them false prophets? does it show making dates is forbidden? Nope it just shows God's people do this and just won't be given the time however much they may look. it is not forbidden and You could argue looking for dates is a sign of God's people by their eagerness.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

My reply: Wrong again Reniaa. Totally wrong interpretation. This is not a prophecy at all. It is speaking of a person living a Godless life...beleiving all is well. Death overtakes them suddenly and when time starts again for them at judgment day they will not escape. Verse 4 makes it plain he is speaking to those alive at that time- "you brothers are not in darkness..."

You stopped at verse 5...i will inlcude the rest of the chapter which makes plain this is talking about how we live our lives- not some long-term prophecy of armageddon as the Wt says...

Therefore, let us not sleep as the rest do, but let us stay alert and sober.
    Those who sleep go to sleep at night, and those who are drunk get drunk at night.
    But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.
    For God did not destine us for wrath, but to gain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
    who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep we may live together with him. 2
    Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up, as indeed you do.
    We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are laboring among you and who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you,
    and to show esteem for them with special love on account of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.
    We urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, cheer the fainthearted, support the weak, be patient with all.
    See that no one returns evil for evil; rather, always seek what is good (both) for each other and for all.
    Rejoice always.
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

1 Peter 10,11

My reply: It shows they searched but did not see fulfillment. It says nothing of date-setting or spinning false prophecies off of God's word. This is a totally irrelevant verse to the discussion at hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit