so they never claimed to be an inspired prophet?

by ninja 189 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I adore Ren - she gets us all thinking hard, finding foolproof arguments.

Remember that there are people just lurking on this board who are getting a first rate example of how the WTBTS teaches its followers not to think about anything they read in its litterature, and how it teaches them to argue about another matter than that you are discussing.

ANY question you ask a JW will be reinterpreted, so they answer THEIR question, not the one you presented.

She has now left the building. (doesn't have much time for the forums these days)

HB

• besty
    besty

this thread viewed 2691 times? - nobody else on JWN consistently generates as much heat and light these days

I suspect Reniaa is a very clever apostate, and in any case is the WTS' worst nightmare for the light she is shining on their bullsh*t

Reniaa - I salute you - unknown soldier in the fight against the Watchtower Society.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Well said Besty. Couldn't agree more.

This kind of exchange is great for sharpening us all up.

Whatever Reniaa's true identity or motive it's clear to anyone who's read this thread what the truth of the matter is.

Matt.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And I would like to thank you too Reniaa. I had recently finished reading the book of Jeremiah and not until yesterday did I realize how Hanani's false prophecy regarding the Jews coming back within 2 years was a match to the WT and their 1914 generation time limit to the end of the world. You helped me out there Reniaa.

I look forward to using that to help other people.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Thanks for starting this thread Ninja, I know you took a few hits because the info from the S.I. book was referring to the method of inpiration in relation to the Bible itself.

I'm sure you were aware of that fact before yopu posted the quote as you later qualified it by way of comparison to how they operate under a similar system.

As we all know they don't ever waste ink saying something which has no underlying message laced through it like a sweet poison.

In the quote you posted it's clear they would apply this same methodology to their own appointment and would meet their own unique beliefs/criteria.(My additions in yellow)

(1) Jehovah God originates his utterances; Their belief in their particular named God enunciated here......

(2) then his official Word, or Spokesman—now known as Jesus Christ—often transmits the message; (3) God’s holy spirit, the active force that is used as the medium of communication, carries it earthward; They of course are his official spokesman who "transmits" the message today.

(4) God’s prophet on earth receives the message; and They of course were "appointed" as have called themselves God's prophet on earth.

(5) he then publishes it for the benefit of God’s people. Just as on occasion today a courier may be sent to deliver an important message, so Jehovah at times chose to use spirit messengers, or angels, to carry some communications from the heavens to his servants on the earth.—Gal. 3:19; Heb. 2:2. The word "publishing" appears here..........wonder how that fits?..........also notice "god's people" is used....

So although this quote is reffering to the Bible the loaded language that's used will be instantly recognisable to the mind of an indoctrinated cult member who has read these same expressions many hundreds of times in the publications with refrence to the wts themselves.

After all the Bible is a poor second to a Jehovah's Witness both in authority and actual reading time. The "tools" that JWs are required to accept is where the actual doctrinal imperatives are even above the Bible.

Remember the thread is about them being prophets and if you place your authority above the Bible then you are greater than a prophet.

April 1st Watchtower 1986 page 30-31. "The Governing Body are the sole interpreters of the Bible" and "accepting this FACT is a requirement for approved association with JWs"

Massive statement.

H.K.

• VM44
    VM44

bttt

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    ** w86 3/15 p. 19 pars. 14-15 Allow No Place for the Devil! ***Finally, we might consider what the Society has published in the past on chronology. Some opposers claim that Jehovah’s Witnesses are false prophets. These opponents say that dates have been set, but nothing has happened. Again we ask, What is the motive of these critics? Are they encouraging wakefulness on the part of God’s people, or are they, rather, trying to justify themselves for falling back into sleepy inactivity? (1 Thessalonians 5:4-9) More importantly, what will you do if you hear such criticism?

I just love the blatant red herring right off the bat that the Watchtower employs. The motivations of the critic do not change the fact that the watchtower has specifically and authoratatively stated that armegeddon will come at specific times, and every time they have been wrong.

They then twist the red herring into more mind control. What will you do if you hear such criticism? Lets forget about the completely valid question just raised, and let's talk about how you shouldn't be asking these questions, got it?

Ok, have you forgotten the question yet? Good.

The evidence is clear that Jehovah has used and is continuing to use his one organization, with "the faithful and discreet slave" taking the lead.

Good little lemming. See, we're not false prophets at all. We say there is clear evidence, and that's good enough for you.

- Lime

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Some thought provoking bible scriptures

Jer 14:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.
    Jer 14:16 And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.

The New Testament

Wonderful Works Are Done By False Prophets In The Name Of The Lord:

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity [lawlessness].

False Prophets Will Be Numerous, And Very Successful:

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
    Mat 24:12 And because iniquity [lawlessness] shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

2 Pet 2:1 [NIV] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
    2 Pet 2:2 [NIV] Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
    2 Pet 2:3 [NIV] In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower does claim to be inspired.

They continually say that Jehoavah does not communicate with individuals today and that the Organization is "Spirit Directed"

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They ALSO say that a prophet does not foretell the future but informs us of God's Will in our life.

So the WT of 1938 saying it is not proper for young christians to marry was FALSE. (it condradicts Paul's words)

The flip flops on sexual practices in marriage led to what were "scriptural" divorces in the early 70s. Yet when it changed, no apology was made (even though some had actually entered into adulterous marriages by the noolite)

The thousands who have died refusing blood fractions which again has changed.

The 1935 cut off date for the annointed. The 1914 generation changes.

And it is no good apologists saying that this false teaching was God testing our loyalty - The apostle James says "with evil things God does not try anyone."

Don't tell me that wrecked marriages, dead children, doctrinal confusion, and contrdicting the words of an inspired Apostle of Christ are NOt EVIL???

Acting as "prophets" in this more mudane sense shows them to be FALSE. (they even emphasised this sense of the word, because so much attention was focussed on their dismal failures in the other sense)

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit