so they never claimed to be an inspired prophet?

by ninja 189 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

This has been one of the best ongoing topics on this board for me.

This may be a little bit off topic, but I am amazed that someone like Reniaa can see the MOUNTAINS of evidence, and yet think the WTs is still in the right! I get the sense that she is trying desperatly to prove these things to herself.

Is this how all WT apologists act? Does it mean anything to them that they have to dance around issues, laugh off legitimate questions, and then go away when the same old arguments have been knocked down time and again? The sad thing is, Reniaa will feel that she "won" this debate.

My mother and sister are like this. The arrogant attitude they have, even if they are just Wts parrots makes me want to barf.

Anyways, thanks for the insights that have been put up here. I've learned alot!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Jack Burton,

Welcome and glad we can all learn from each other. It is amazing what the captive mind will do to uphold WT doctrine.

Again, welcome.

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

The thing that amazes me, now that I'm out, is I can't even fathom thinking like that anymore.

I would have used the same arguments while I was a pioneer. It really shows to me that no amount of reasoning will convince someone whose mind is not their own.

This is a very insidious cult, but must of us know this already!

• ninja
    ninja

jack.....listen to a couple of elders being asked questions just like this here ......http://deathorobedience.blogspot.com/2009/03/death-or-obedience-podcast.html

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa,

I am awaitng your reply to Jeremiah's account of Hanani.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

PP IT IS !

• steve2
    steve2

I can grasp that an organization that professes to have the truth can make mistakes: Human nature and all that. Even so, I cannot grasp that the God the organization claims to represent can stand by and allow the urgency of the predictions - which turn out to need repeated "refinement" lead to huge adverse impacts on the lives of dedicated followers.

For example, a couple of personal examples:

My grandparents - who came into the organization in the 1920s - were pressured by the JW beliefs of the 1930s to refrain from buying a house; the end was so near, they were 'encouraged' to stick to rental accommodation. They did this until they died in the 1970s. In the meantime, the organization keep saying to them, "Well done; the end is so near". Sadly, my grandmother believed the watch Tower message so fervently that, when she had symptoms of cancer, she purposely put off going to the doctor and died a slow, miserable death. Again, she was held up as "a fine example" of dedication to Jehovah.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"trying to place dates on inspired bible prophecy is not prophecy! foolish mistake but not prophecy."

According to the WTS placing false dates on inspired bible prophecy is false prophecy.

"Yet nothing happend. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophecy."

Awake 10/8/68 page 23

So you must be speaking only for yourself, not the WTS religion.

Peace

• undercover
    undercover

Methinks Reniaa has left the building...

She'll reappear on another thread to promote WTism, ignoring this thread and all the evidence against her claims. Even if she pops in here and posts, it will only be some nonsensical and delusional ramblings...

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Steve2 -- That's so sad what happened to your grandparents. The org.are not interested in the devestation they bring into peoples lives.

There was a km where they were actually commending the brothers for the "fine sacrifices" they made with the time being short...

KM May 1974 pg 3 : -

"Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end."

It may seem plausible enough that the bros. were actually being recognised for their devotion and belief that 1975 would bring Armageddon. They were being held up as an example of great faith for others to follow. Many, many bros. and sisters made sacrifices, some of them huge, all based on a date. As far as they were concerned , they belived with all their heart that Jehovah would be bringing his judgement against the nations, and Armageddon would here.......IN JUST ONE YEARS TIME! That is why they were so ready, willing and able to sacrifice all they had.

BUT THEN WHAT? WHAT WAS SAID WHEN 1975 CAME AND WENT AND THESE POOR SAD BROS WERE LEFT WITH NOTHING? DID THE ORG. STEP IN TO PICK UP THE PIECES?

WT 15th July 1976 : - It suggested that any who were "diappointed" by the non - arrival of Armageddon.......

"...should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his OWN UNDERSTANDING was based on wrong premises."

NO SYMPATHY ! WHEREAS BEFORE, IN THE KM OF 1974, THEY WERE BEING PRAISED FOR THEIR STRENGTH OF FAITH AND BELIEF, THEY WERE NOW IN THE 1976 WT, BEING SHOWN TO BE SPIRITUALLY WEAK AND SPIRITUALLY IMMATURE! THEY WERE ACTUALLY BLAMING THE BROTHERS THEMSELVES FOR HAVING A WRONG VIEWPOINT !

HOW ON EARTH WOULD THESE BROS. HAVE FELT WHEN THAT MAGAZINE CAME OUT ? Some of these people gave up everything they had. Their jobs, their houses, their money. Many put things on hold like getting married, having a family or a career. Some, like your grandmother put off having medical treatment and suffered the consequenses, perhaps dying prematurely.

There is no real interest in the individuals who ultimately give them their strength. They deny responsibility for everything they do wrong...and in this instance, they blamed the bros. even though their belief and enthusiasm in the 1975 date was fanned to a white heat ......BY THE ORGANIZATION !.........THEY DISGUST ME!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit