so they never claimed to be an inspired prophet?

by ninja 189 Replies latest watchtower bible

• undercover
    undercover
    ...when you are a false prophet you are speaking something other than the message of the bible.

um...did you bother to read the posts directly above you? isaac gave you the perfect example of a false prophet speaking something other than the message of the Bible...

the 1914 generation that was not supposed to die...Who gave this teaching? The Wt. Who is the WT? The instrument used by the GB to communicate 'truth". ... It was mandatory to beleive and preach with the threat of disfellowshipping. So it was a pretty serious issue on a major point. It has since been revised 2 times- both times contradicting all previous teachings on it.

Since the Society taught, as a promise from Jesus as God's ruler, that the generation living in 1914 wouldn't die and have since retracted that teaching, they have proven themselves as false prophets. It's so fucking simple, even a caveman can see it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

your all redefining prophets and prophecy so as to condemn Jws from youir own standpoint.

My reply: No Reniaa, the GB has redefined prophets and prophecy when it suits them. They have clearly called themselves prophets, as well as claiming to be God's sole channel of communication of truth to mankind. They have redefined the meanings when their statements failed to pass.

Was moses, david, appostles etc perfect in intepretation? these were all classed as prophets yet clearly at times made mistakes suffering from imperfection.

My reply: They were perfect in their prophecying. They did not publish and demand conformity to their own interpretations as the WT does. The WT is not on any level with Moses or the Apostles, although they have claimed to be both.

being a prophet is simply being a spokesperson of God chosen by him when you are a false prophet you are speaking something other than the message of the bible.

My reply: Exactly! And that is exactly what the WT has done- spoken something other than what is revealed in the Bible...spinning their own fables off of what is stated in the Bible- and this coming from what they term "God's channel"...

dates on ACTUAL bible prophecy are at worst just mistakes born of imperfection but when you start teaching a message that isn't in the bible like trinity or immortality of soul etc then you are a false prophet.

My reply: Not when you claim to be God's sole channel of communication and sanction those who disagree as though they are disagreeing with God. That is quite serious! The statements about trinity or soul are immaterial to this so stay relevant instead of trying to divert.

Inspired Prophecy was given at a specific time and has ended now.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10 (New International Version)

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

but we can still make imperfect mistakes but we also have the bible to correct us the problem comes when we teach a message that is not biblical.

if someone says 'God loves us so he won't mind (insert something the bible condemns here)' then they are deliberately teaching a false message.

My reply: That is exaclty what the WT does. They mention that although they have made these mistakes (serious mistakes) it was eagerness to see Christ's kingdom. You are right- that is no excuse. Many Christians are equally eager yet do not resort to date setting and flase prophecying.

dates on actual bible prophecies is foolishness although we are told to keep in readiness and continue to warn of Gods impending prophecies we have to treat them as if they will happen at any time. Dates are the same type of imperfection like the thessonians thinking Jesus was coming then too. but it's teaching a different message like the trinity does that is being a false prophet.

My reply: Nice try to divert off the weakness of your arguments onto the Trinity. The Thessolonians did not publish and demand that all must accept their teaching or else. The WT does.

Is armageddon a failed prophecy?

is Jesus coming a failed prophecy?

Is the destruction of false religion a false prophecy?

My reply: No. But the WT has spun false prophecies off of those. Attaching God's name to their fables.

You condemn Jws for making dates and it is something we are warned over but it is not false prophecy by bible standards.

My reply: Blindness prevents you from seeing Reniaa. The 1914 generation doctrine was called "the Creator's promise". The Creator did not promise a peaceful new world before the generation of 1914 died out. The Wt said he did. False prophecy!

Prophets are God's spokeperson's we have to decide which in these times are actually preaching the actual inspired bible message the false ones will be teaching their own which doesn't appear in the bible.

My reply: Try that in the WT org and report back to us what happens.

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Jeremiah 14:14-15 (New International Version)

14 Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries [ a ] and the delusions of their own minds. 15 Therefore, this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, 'No sword or famine will touch this land.' Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.

this clearly shows that dates on ACTUAL bible prophecies are not the issue but prophecying things that are not biblical or saying bible prophecies won't happen. becasue they teach unbiblical things they have not been appointed by God.

• reniaa
    reniaa

isaac you are trying to make dates a prophecy but this is a weakness in your argument.

Matthew 24:34
    I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

what does the bible mean here isaac?

originally the Jws thought this was literal from 1914 so here is a clear mistake from actual bible prophecy not new prophecy because the prophetic scripture is there for all to see and read and interpretate.

unless you are saying this scripture is a false prophecy?

You have yet to show one example of actual prophecying beyond the scriptures. mistakes on bible prophecy that needed refinement yes this has happened but not actual prophecying.

the Jeremiah scripture above is relevent when applied to trinity because trinity isn't biblical.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin
    Jeremiah 14:14-15 (New International Version)

14 Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries [ a ] and the delusions of their own minds. 15 Therefore, this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, 'No sword or famine will touch this land.' Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.

this clearly shows that dates on ACTUAL bible prophecies are not the issue but prophecying things that are not biblical or saying bible prophecies won't happen. becasue they teach unbiblical things they have not been appointed by God.

My reply: No, it does not. It shows an example of the actions of false phophets. It does not disqualify date-setting in the name of God as prophecying.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

isaac you are trying to make dates a prophecy but this is a weakness in your argument.

Matthew 24:34
    I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

what does the bible mean here isaac?

My reply: The WT prophecy here was on an event/situation- that the physical generation of 1014 would not die out- per the Creator's promise. What does the verse mean? Quite simply it is speaking of the generation that sees the celestial phenomena- that generation will not die off till all things occur.

originally the Jws thought this was literal from 1914 so here is a clear mistake from actual bible prophecy not new prophecy because the prophetic scripture is there for all to see and read and interpretate.

My reply: It is a false prophecy spun off of Jesus words. 1914 is nowhere in the bible but a WT fable.

unless you are saying this scripture is a false prophecy?

My reply: The Scripture is fine...the WT fable spun off this is false prophecy.

You have yet to show one example of actual prophecying beyond the scriptures. mistakes on bible prophecy that needed refinement yes this has happened but not actual prophecying.

My reply: I have clearly shown one example but you're blinded by the Wt and unable to see it.

the Jeremiah scripture above is relevent when applied to trinity because trinity isn't biblical.

My reply: you are wrong on both counts- but we will not do the trinity on here...start o new thread on that if you like.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Guys, I learned that there is absolutely no point in trying to debate or argue with Reniaa.

Isaac, my kindly, brotherly advice would be to not be led into a pointless back and forward with 'her'. You know you're right, as I know you're right and God knows you're right.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ok password, advice well taken brother,

I will just make my final summation here and drop this as I am probably throwing my pearls before swine...

The WT has directly claimed to be a prophet...they have since backed off this claim and said they are not BUT have continued to slyly, isidously make that claim by claiming to be God's sole channel of communication, the only true religion, necessary for salvation. They harshly df and demand all members shun those who do not accept all their teachings. Add these all up and they are claiming a much higher status than prophet. One can play with the definitions and symantics but the above facts I just stated prove the reality beyond any doubt.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I agree with password lol we will have to agree to disgree I do not think intepreting ACTUal bible prophecy is prophecy since the bible shows false prophecy to be exactly that! a prophecy false in origin like saying Gods has said the sky will darken tomorrow and it doesn't happen and clearly isn't predicted by the bible as a sign but intepreting bible prophecies prematurally is not prophecy and you cannot show a biblical example of this. The example you use was to bring up dates and decide for yourself it is prophecy. you bought no scripture into the equation

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Look in the WT magazine, and the Studies in the Scriptures:

They said QUITE CLEARLY that by 1917 God will be slaughtering the people in the Churches. They said this will happen - it DID NOT.

Prophets can predict the future by the definition, but they also BY DEFINITION speak under divine inspiration -

Exactly what the May 15 1976 WT magazine stated of the annointed. (see above)

Zechariah 13: 3 - 6 is a very relevant scripture in connection with the Organization, which claimed in the Olin Moyle trial that Jehovah was the editor of their litterature.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit