so they never claimed to be an inspired prophet?

by ninja 189 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It sounded exactly like the teacher in Peanuts.

BTS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

1) We put words in Jehoober Doober's mouf

(2) Then we ignore the middle man.

(3) Then Unka Freddy gets a bright idea.

(4) ??????

(5) Profit!

BTS

And it has taken man 6,000 years to figure this out!

We humans really are dumb.

• oompa
    oompa

Bob1999: "It goes on to say "28 That which has been recorded and preserved as the Holy Scriptures is not to be tampered with. "

OMG!......is that paragraph 28??............how the fluck can they say that when they claim satan and his cronies......the postates.......removed his name from the new testament........at least 237 times?!?!?!?.........that is fluckin tampering in the worst way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean what else would ol satan change????

please let me know exactly where your quote is bob

• bob1999
    bob1999

"we are told to keep looking forward to keep watch, so again showing that readiness is asked of God's people in this time expectation of bible prophecy fulfillment which directly"

We can look forward and keep watch without putting words in God's mouth.

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

"please let me know exactly where your quote is bob"

From the WT 2006 CD, book "All Scripture", page 7, paragraph 28, under the subheading "THE COMPLETE “BOOK” OF DIVINE TRUTH"

Here's the whole paragraph.

"28 That which has been recorded and preserved as the Holy Scriptures is not to be tampered with. (Deut. 4:1, 2; Rev. 22:18, 19) The apostle Paul writes on this point: “However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed.” (Gal. 1:8; see also John 10:35.) All of Jehovah’s word of prophecy must be fulfilled in due course. “So my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.”—Isa. 55:11."

Peace

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    LWT......using the model the watchtower gives......look at this statement

Ninja,

I've seen the WT article where they say JWs are prophets. I was commenting on that material from the SI book.

Here are a few scans for your enjoyment. They are false prophets and hypocrites, in my opinion.

-LWT

• BurnTheShips
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you haven't read Don Cameron's book, Captives of a Concept, I encourage you to to do so.

Notice pages 59 through 61, which are related to this topic...

• bob1999
    bob1999

Captives of a Concept

Those are great points. As a non-witness I can't see how the WTS could refute them.

Peace

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hey people

They are not talking about themselves.

This is the introduction to "All Scripture is Inspired etc"

It is about the writing of the Bible.

So don't quote it, or you'll come a cropper.

y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit