April 15th WT- Satan = Apostates = Critical Towards Brothers = Shun Them

by flipper 99 Replies latest jw friends

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hi Kaytee

I read your post and was really moved by the true love you've shown. Your situation can't be easy at times and I really admire the way you've stepped up to the plate like that. Kudos to you both x

So I can imagine that the subtle insult that people like yourselves are like Satan and don't care for victims of calamity must bite really deep.

This Org truly disgusts me sometimes.

• flipper
    flipper

KAYTEE- I'm so sorry you have gone through these hard times. Your wife's brother sounds like a real piece of work. Isn't it interesting that you and your wife have taken care of your elderly mother and you are not even witnesses ? You would think it would make him realize that non-witnesses can be kind. But he's mind controlled like the rest of them. Just don't get down on yourself so hard for having been a witness. We ALL got duped and mind controlled. It can happen to anybody. Just realize that you and your wife ARE good people and you are showing that by caretaking your aged mother. Your reward is sleeping good at night knowing you are being loving and doing the right thing. Your wife's brothers brain cells are being sucked away by cult mind control. He doesn't know what he wants. He is told what he wants. He is actually mentally diseased. Hang in there - it gets better in time.

BUZKID- Yeah, well- we all get critical , especially the governing body and leaders of the WT society. Perhaps THEY are the real apostates.

BOYZONE- This witness organization truly disgusts me ALL the time. The longer I have been away from the organization- the weirder they seem. And more unjust they appear. I agree with you - Kaytee and his wife should be proud of what they have done for their elderly mother ! No reason to hang their heads over that at all ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• asilentone
    asilentone

buzkid, can you show me some scriptures that Paul was critical of Peter? I might use those scriptures one day.

• flipper
    flipper

ASLIENTONE- Paul was critical of Peter ? Oh yeah- I remember when Peter would only associate with Jews - not Gentiles I believe

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

boyzone,

flipper,

30years in the Org. did not hear the thoughtfulness that you have shown.

They displayed, quite expertly, a hard side of life that I found disturbing.

It wasn’t the sympathy that I was looking for, it was the judgmental way these witnesses look at things, but a big thank you anyway.

KT

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Just the amunition my family needed. I can hear the conversation now.: "Agent Smith was critical of the Governing Body, and of the elders. So he is just like Satan. Isn't it wonderful to have this food at the proper time regarding apostates? The Governing body and the Faithful slave knows what we need and they show us what to do. Does it not warm the heart?"

Excuse me while I get sick...

Agent Smith

ps. where are the apologists?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not disagree with the justified anger at the J W d/f policy or its teatment of what it terms "apostates" - I must ask though whether we are not making more of this article than it deserves?

It says

"Modern day apostates display charecteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregation,Christian elders or the Governing Body."

It does not say that a critical attitude is in itself apostasy..let us not put words into their mouths. The definition of apostasy in the "Shepherding the Flock " book is to teach things different to that of the WTS. In fact then, it is true to say that disagreeing with men, on the G B , is apostasy by their book, but that is nothing new to us

As for "avoid all contact with them", the WT in my day drew a distinction between those d/fd for misdemeaners and those of the 2 John class with whom they should avoid contact at all costs . Of course, the fact that John wrote of those who "denied Jesus Christ coming in the flesh" - not those disagreeing with the WTS, is lost on them.

I am sure that the article will pass by the congregations with a good deal less comment than it has got here.

BTW the scripture about Paul & Peter (Cephas in this verse) is Galations 2: 11 - 14

• JAVA
    JAVA

Folks buying the whole bus load of crap from the Tower will pull the covers up and follow the latest swill from Brooklyn. However, when articles like this hits the fan some might see it for what it is; a cult's feeble attempt to control and blame others for their history of failure. It won't be long before some followers will be on this site writing, "I can't believe I really believed this crap!" When the scales fall from their eyes, they'll be so pissed.

• parakeet
    parakeet

While I was a dub, a sister deliberately stepped on my foot -- why? I don't know. Another gossiped viciously about the other dubs in the KH (and she was of the "annointed"). An elder practically suffocated his baby son so he couldn't cry until they went to the basement. When I was dating my nonbelieving, soon-to-be-my-husband, I was put on stage and forced to read Bible passages about not yoking oneself to nonbelievers. I could add many more instances, as I'm sure nearly everyone on this board could.

And now I'm an apostate because I didn't like being humiliated or seeing young children being hurt? Whatever happened to that "stumbling" scripture dubs used to so fond of?

• flipper
    flipper

KAYTEE- I agree with you. I have received more support on JWN than I ever received in the witness organization. They are judgmental in the WT society and will condemn for any perceived wrong. I wish you the best friend.

AGENT SMITH- The WT society will use ANY ammunition they get just to keep their members under cult mind control. And to keep outside family members from influencing witness family members. They are all about CONTROL.

BLUES BROTHER- I don't think we are making " more of this article than it deserves. " If you read the tricky way that mind control cults use wording to get their points across- it's easy to connect the dots in seeing the manipulation used by the WT society to cause rank and file members to view a certain " attitude " seen in apostates and equate it with BEING an apostate. Just look at the wording you quote from the article.

Check it out -- " Modern day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a CRITICAL ATTITUDE TOWARDS INDIVIDUALS IN THE CONGREGATION, CHRISTIAN ELDERS OR THE GOVERNING BODY. " So apostates ARE compared to Satan - Why ? Because they have a critical attitude towards individuals in the congregation, christian elders or the governing body. In other words the WT society is inferring that is one of the things that MAKE them apostate ! The CRITICAL attitude !

Now as you said the WT society may STATE differently in the " Shepherding the Flock " book that apostasy just denotes ONLY " teaching things different from the WT society " - but their TOTAL view of what they are communicating as apostate to the RANK and FILE members is more totally encompassing in this latest April Watchtower. They are inferring a broader view to members as what constitutes apostates.

JAVA- Very true. I feel it just the WT cults attempt to cover up scandals and try to cover their own mistakes and ars.

PARAKEET- Very true that an immense load of injustices happen BY the rank and file witnesses themselves. So I agree- are people supposed to let it happen and stay quiet about it ? Just to be deemed as " not apostate " ? I think we should speak out louder against the injustices. Sorry that junk happened to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit