April 15th WT- Satan = Apostates = Critical Towards Brothers = Shun Them

by flipper 99 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

Twinkletoes, I am scanning NOW, hold on!

fokyc

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

FOKYC

THANKS SO MUCH

It's scanned well and I've printed it out.

Twinkletoes

• fokyc
    fokyc

For anyone else who would like to read the actual study article

"WT_April_2009_1st_Article.pdf"

You can access this by clicking the following link: http://www.box.net/shared/n72jyeqoqt

fokyc

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Blues Brother said:

"It does not say that a critical attitude is in itself apostasy..let us not put words into their mouths. The definition of apostasy in the "Shepherding the Flock " book is to teach things different to that of the WTS. In fact then, it is true to say that disagreeing with men, on the G B , is apostasy by their book, but that is nothing new to us."

That is a degree of nuance that will be over the heads of the rank and file; they will see Satan, critical attitude and apostate in one sentence, and will either not get the subtle difference, or will feel that the Society is leading them to a conclusion that they can't say outright.

• flipper
    flipper

TWINKLETOES - I PMed you 2 PM's back. Just woke up here on the west coast ! LOL!

FOKYC- THanks for posting the link to the article ! I appreciate it.

PISTOFF- I agree with you. When the rank and file witnesses see the words Satan, critical attitude, and apostate in one sentence they definitely will see the connection between the 3 things and feel they are all the same. It doesn't matter WHAT the WT society claims in it's " Shepherding the Flock " book to the elders - the GB wants to get a more definitive more encompassing view across to the rank and file witnesses as to what denotes an " apostate". It's all about controlling the witness masses

• onefootout
    onefootout

Anybody notice the implication in paragraph 13 that 'watch out for apostates even among those that are still going to the kingdom hall?'

Paragraph says "When Satan was present at the gatherings in heaven, he did not attend with the intention of praising Jehovah. The Devil had a malicious attitude and a sinister objective. After he accused Job and recieved permission to test him, "Satan went out away from the person of Jehovah.""

The message? Mistrust the person sitting next to you. They might be an apostate! Run!

Subtle hint that those who leave right after the meeting is over are 'going out away' just like satan?

I think the GB are really bugged by the undercover JW apostates. They can't stand that there are some at the meetings that don't believe the garbage, but are there to get info, or keep family happy ect. Sinister objective.

Ratchet up the paranoia! ofo

• flipper
    flipper

ONEFOOTOUT- Good points you make. I do think the WT society is getting paranoid about witnesses attending meetings who doubt. Especially undercover ones who join our discussions on JWN or JWS ex-witness boards. I really feel boards like this one JWN ARE making inroads in exposing the fallaies in the Jehovah's Witnesses. I truly believe more and more witnesses are gradually waking up

• Scully
    Scully

This explains the sudden, unexplained disappearance of people from my facebook friends list.

• flipper
    flipper

SCULLY- This information could very well explain it if you've been accustomed to having witness friends still keeping in contact with you on facebook. Interesting

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Somewhat contradictory, I've had 2 old witness friends add me to their facebook friends list in the past 2 weeks.

Either they're were already heading toward the fence themselves.. or they are getting tired of the ever expanding list of rules and power moves by the GB. Perhaps the more the society tries to batten down the hatches, the more thinking people are going to notice, and head for the door.

The internet makes frequent communication, socializing, and abundent information more and more a part of everyday life, and it's easier to leave the witnesses when half your facebook friends have anyway.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit