April 15th WT- Satan = Apostates = Critical Towards Brothers = Shun Them

by flipper 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    but NOW they are told apostates are critical of INDIVIDUALS in the congregation !

I guess that means the elders are all apostates. They're always criticizing members of the congregations. That's what a large portion of "elder meetings" is all about.

W

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Sounds to me that "apostates" are making a lot of head way into the congregations if they have to write such extreme statements.

No one can live for any length of time under such exteme thought control.

People will crack

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Snakes - good analysis.

Mr. F - thanks for bringing this to the board.

I told my apostate mom about this because her JW sis is in (secret) communication with her. I warned my mom that there might be a "cooling off" because of this article. My aunt relies on my mom because my aunt is profoundly unhappy and can't speak frankly with anyone else, being surrounded by JW Nazis.

Psych 101: give the enemy a face to keep fear at maintenance levels. People grow weary of a Satan they can't see - even though there has been impressive long-term success with putting him into tangible items such as clothing, furniture, appliances, TV shows, music, etc. Drawing a straight line from (invisible) Satan to (visible) apostates is logical tactic designed to spin out the shelf-life of a dying religion.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Why do they never elaborate as to what "apostates" disagree with?

"Truth" should be able to stand up to anything thrown up against it.

Rather than display genuine humility and discuss the issues, the hierarchy resembles the Pharisees in arrogantly directing its membership to "avoid all contact with them!"

Are they really following Jesus?

"YOU heard that it was said, You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy. However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:43-48

• garybuss
    garybuss

Anything the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation publishes that will keep true believing Witness people away from me and my family is doing me a favor. All of my good days have one thing in common . . . no Witness people disrespecting me.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

On pg. 6 , paragraph 15 it states , " Satan was the first creature to turn apostate. Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward INDIVIDUALS in the congregation, Christian elders, or the Governing Body.

As an organization that uses and believes all the bible’s contents why do they NEVER talk of "David when he HUMILLIATED "King Saul" who was appointed by Jehovah when he stole his water jug, having bean in his tent at night.

He could have killed him, but worse still he taunted him from the top of the hill, in front of all Saul’s army

Remember Saul was a fighting man, as well as being appointed by God.

How did David get away with it, yet the r/f get reproved if they say the slightest thing against the elders.

KT

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"I guess that means the elders are all apostates. They're always criticizing members of the congregations. That's what a large portion of "elder meetings" is all about."

Amen! I remember my first servant elder meeting and I was shocked how dismissive the elders were of certain publishers. I forgot what arrangement change was going on but some publishers who attended infrequently weren't informed. I remember my ex father in law PO just stating "Forget them" in referance to those publishers. It gave me a whole new perspective of the organization.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward INDIVIDUALS in the congregation

Like their father Satan, apostates target people of integrity

I believe this tactic is called psychological projection, which is a defense mechanism in which one attributes to others, one’s own unacceptable or unwanted thoughts or emotions

Let's face it, most people are aware that the belief system of the JWs falls well outside Christianity proper. Which, biblically speaking, makes the JWs the real apostates. But rather than address their unhealthy fascination with unscriptural dogma, the WTS would rather label those of us who refuse to be complicit with their lies and hypocrisy as evil. And as for being poisonous, it's pretty hard to find a sect so critical towards its individual members, or so hateful and slanderous towards people of integrity, as the cult of Christianity known as the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Here's hoping that 2014 brings a mass exodus away from the JWs...I can hardly wait!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Interestingly a pedophile who was on the society's most likely to offend list (by this I mean the CO warned by telephone (and notes were taken and kept) that this person was high risk when the individual moved to our area) is now no longer on any list and has been redefined as an ordinary brother who isn't a risk to anyone. The reasoning now is that he turned himself in and has shown himself to be a spiritual bother etc. Families will not be warned about him. Whats more there are no written records either and his name is no longer on any list. I don't mean to vilify this young man (as otherwise he is very nice, friendly, hospitable, outgoing and spiritual) but I mention this to show that there is a drive towards re-inventing individuals to get around their own pedophile policies.

In another case the young man's JW family asked him if he had ever been abused growing up a JW. He said no although in private he described what had happened to him from the age of 3 and committed by a teenager of 13-14yrs. Another child was also a victim some years previously but not to the extent of the 3 year old and there wasn't such a big gap in age. But these 2 victim were victimised 10 years apart. The case is closed, no one will be warned, everyone has a clean bill of health.

Another young man who engaged in sexual conduct with a youngester has been described as a child himself although he is now in his 30ies (acts committed in his late teens and early twenties) and is also now seen as posing no threat to children at the KH. These are some of the new integrity keepers I'll bet.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

"There is a drive towards re-inventing individuals to get around their own pedophile policies. "

I believe this to be true. My father (elder) leaked a pedophile situation in his congregation from several years ago, but then added, "Well, he's married now, so there's nothing to be concerned about."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit