Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job?

by sammielee24 280 Replies latest jw friends

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

How do we know the woman is obsessed with popping out babies? - Answered above

Those were all assumptions made by people reading the article. The article did not state any of those things as proven facts. - This is an internet forum, so assumptions are being made anyway, not just by me.

How can you guarantee the woman can be diagnosed with multiple issues? Have you ever met her, talked to her or spent time with her? - I do not have to sit down to afternoon tea with this woman to know that she's off her rocker. Another assumption. Of course, in order to diagnose anyone you have to meet with them and have the credentials. But then again this is an internet forum, not the private room of a mental health clinic.

Do you have any mental health qualifications? Are you aware of the diagnostic criteria for mental health illnesses in the DSMV IV? Do you even know what that is? - Without revealing too much about myself here, I will say that I have a bachelor level and a masters level degrees, the masters requiring over 900 practicum hours and extensive knowledge of assessing individual and their environments on ALL axis of the DSM. I also have 7+ years professional experience in hospitals and non-profit agencies. So um, yeah.

If you did, you would probably know that you cannot drive someone else into having mental health problems simply by living with them and having children. - WRONG!! - Environmental stressors can trigger psychological problems and other mental health issues.

Unlike you, I will not assume that no one else is knowledgeable about mental health issues, nor will I ask you for your qualifications. Don't take it personally, but this is an internet forum so you should not have taken my responses as directed toward you only. The issue is one of medical ethics and morals, not about me justifying my posts through my credentials.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I've read several articles, and the general consensus is that she is mentally ill, and that the doctor who accommodated this was unethical.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I only read the one article that was posted here and there was no way one could make an accurate diagnosis from reading a couple of very biased opinions made in that article.

Inependent_tre: I am surprised that someone with your qualifications believes they can make an accurate assessment of someone they've never met just by reading a couple of biased opnions about her in an very short article published on an internet forum. Speaking of ethics, with your impressive credentials, I would assume that you would know it's not even ethical to attempt to do so.

As for the mental health issues of the mother and the reproductive rights of the daughter, in both cases, I strongly believe that people need to take responsibility for their own choices.

A house full of children may be an environmental stressor capable of triggering mental health issues. If the mother's mental health is that fragile, then she needs to take responsibility for her environment, her home, and not allow her daughter and her children to live there. Whether a person has one child or 14 children, single or married, they need to take responsibility for looking after their children. Those solutions are both ethical and moral. Making snap judgements about the mental health of people we know nothing about is not ethical or moral, imo.

Believe me, I don't take any of this personally. This an opnion forum and I am just stating my opinion like everyone else.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job?

Here we go talking about my in-laws again.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

How many kids do your in-laws have Jimmy?

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Cog - let it go okay. YOU were the one that posted challenging/questioning me about what I know about the DSM, as if any of that even matters on an internet forum. If you carefully read my post, you just might see that I said everyone is assuming things and that you cannot diagnose anyone over the internet. But as I said before, this my friend, is the internet NOT, a person's medical record. Anyone is free to post whatever the heck the like and if it is my opinion that this woman is a nutjob, so be it.

And of course opinions are like ________, everyone has one.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Re: Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job?

Their called breeders and its a way of life.

• snowbird
    snowbird

One question, was the doctor who implanted the embryos aware that she already had 6 kids?

Ah, California. The place to go if you really want to milk the welfare system.

That's what I used to hear, anyway.

Is that perhaps part of the reason the State is going broke?

Sylvia

• dinah
    dinah

If this woman does complete her Masters, how is she going to pay daycare for 14 children so she can go to work? Have any of you paid daycare lately? It expensive, and costs more for newborns up until they are potty trained.

We have two children and children are expensive! Can you imagine just how much it would cost to feed them, and keep them clothed? In Alabama, if you are trying to get on Public Assistance you must name the father of your children (they'll even let you try to narrow if down to 3-4 men AND do paternity tests ) so the state can go after them for child support. How would they go after a "sperm donor?"

• Mary
    Mary

Even if this woman was not mentally ill (which I think she is), there is no way a single mother can sufficiently nurture, rear, train, discipline and teach 14 children on her own. The doctor who did this is an asshole and was obviously far more concerned with the issue of "Can I" instead of "Should I?"

I knew a JW woman who was constantly popping out a baby every single year. By the time she was 32, she had 8 or 9 kids. Why did she keep having babies? By her own admission it's because she "felt so good" being pregnant. As pathetic excuse as that is, there is evidence that with some women, the increase of progesterone during pregnancy can greatly elevate your moods such as joy and elation and, like a drug, these women want to feel this way again, so they get pregnant again.

BTW, this JW woman was not a very good mother. Her three oldest girls all left home at a very young age due to the lousy atmosphere and two of them both got pregnant as teenagers themselves and got into the drug scene too. I know the one won't even speak to her mother, as she did nothing to stop their abusive step father from treating them like garbage over the years. Plus, they weren't allowed to be normal teenagers as the mother simply dumped most of HER responsibilities as a mother onto the oldest girls, while she was busy making more babies. Free Smiley Face

And unless this mother in California is rich, guess who's going to be footing the bill for the next 18 years?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit