Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job?

by sammielee24 280 Replies latest jw friends

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Excuse me David, where did I say that drug addicted woman's children will grow up to be drug addicts? The system I was referring to is the foster care system of the U.S. And you're absolutely right, drug addicts are everywhere and guess what some of them DO actually take care of their kids! I know this for a fact personally, not professionally.

And let me clarify a few things before you go guessing and spouting, instead of reading. Part of the reason, I work with these children ( and some adults) is because I've lived around it (family) and lived through it. So being exposed to that type of environment definitely creates a passion for change, not for making excuses and lame @ss defenses. Dependency is a motherf*cka. And dealing with anyone who is addicted takes energy, patience, and the ability to confront bullsh!t when you see it.

So pardon me, if what I say seems a bit harsh for your delicate ears as it seems you would rather me coddle these individuals, than to actually work with them and give them the uncut, straight dope (pun intended) consequences of their irresponsible actions.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh please Doe, you know exactly what I am saying.

One child per person. And with disease, homosexuality, war, etc. etc. it should work just fine. What does immigration have to do with it? Aliens? It's about global population now, we share so many resources.

But this is part of the problem isn't it? Religions and tribes want higher population to out soldier the enemy. So we Americans must not be out babied, hmmmm???

Is that Armageddon I hear?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Oh please beks. Your view is condescending, judgmental, and overly simplified, yet you feel justified. Hmm, whom does that sound like?

• beksbks
    beksbks

My view is my view, just like anyone else's here. Where do you get condescending or judgmental? Read about it and make up your own mind.

I gave you milk and cookies when no one else would. Now quit buggin'.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Where do you get condescending or judgmental?

When you speak of zero population growth, as if it's the model for everyone to follow. When you speak of "feeling disgust" at large families. Just to name a couple instances from this thread.

Milk and cookies? I don't know wtf you're talking about. I can't stand milk and I'm not supposed to eat cookies.

• beksbks
    beksbks

That is my opinion Doe. If you find my opinion condescending and judgmental, so be it.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

*******And on the lighter side******

If I end up being outed & my fade exposed, as I have revealed far too much about myself in this thread, I am OFFICIALLY blaming ALL of you!

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Independent_ Tre, you brought up the subject of how hard it is to watch young children being taken into care whose parents are irresponsible and drug addicts, in post 198. Thus you joined the two together, not me.

I have began reading a book about an England Cricketer who had problems to do with his mental health, what is becoming abundantly clear, is that to help and support people in this situation is so important, not to proffer judgemental criticism

You can not have it both ways, if this woman is ill she needs support, if not who are we to criticise her life choices?

David

• Twitch
    Twitch

I've been very tolerant Doe, because I understand your need to pester.

I gave you milk and cookies when no one else would. Now quit buggin'.

lol

• beksbks
    beksbks
    You can not have it both ways, if this woman is ill she needs support, if not who are we to criticise her life choices?

The only problem with this premise David is that there are now 14 little humans that are being raised by this woman. This should not have been allowed to happen if she is mentally ill. Someone must have seen it. I would think the Doc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit