Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job?

by sammielee24 280 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

unlike what these numbnuts think, we have a right to know the truth, because our tax dollars are paying for these numbsculls.

some people have more rights than others.....

it seems like criminals and bloodsuckers know how to work the system.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The last I heard was that the mother had to delare bankruptcy last year, the daughter and all the kids live with her and her husband in their 3 bedroom house and that the womans father, the kids grandfather has returned to Iraq to work now. The woman was married but got divorced and her ex was not the father of any of the kids.

There hasn't been any word on the health of the kids except that they can all breathe on their own now and are eating. I hope they are all healthy in every way - but I think the issues of ethics and regulations have to be addressed because no doctor in his right mind should have been able to not only implant her with all 8 but also do so without any form of counselling or questioning.

sammieswife.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Sadly, supporting reproductive freedom means situations like this can happen. If we say this woman is not allowed to reproduce, we are selectively denying choice - reproductive freedom.

However, even though the woman has a legal right to control her own womb, commonsense should have said that she would be unable to find a medical provider willing to perform the service. Unfortunately, IMO the doctor who performed the procedure is every bit as culpable as this (likely) mentally ill woman.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I was thoroughly disgusted when I read this one. But is she on public assistance? I read something about the woman's father supporting the family. I was equally disgusted when I heard about The Duggars.

• free2think
    free2think

All i can say is OUCH!

• John Doe
    John Doe

A more pertinent question is "Should government be able to mandate reproductive choices in a free society?"

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Unfortunately, IMO the doctor who performed the procedure is every bit as culpable as this (likely) mentally ill woman.

This is the real issue here.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sure. We'll spread some wealth in her direction. Why should she have to work? There are plenty of rich people that have more than enough money. Take some of theirs and give it to her. She can spend, spend, spend and stimulate the economy.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Are the Duggars supported by the state in any way? They seem pretty self sufficient. I think it is out there, but I can't condemn that choice. Choosing to have a large family that you are wanting, prepared for financially and emotionally and with a true partner-that is different than 14 kids with sperm doners who are being raised by their grandma while mom is getting a degree. In child and family psychology no less! Yikes. You want to take your kid there for help? That woman has some problems. Poor little kids!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The Duggers are not on any aid, furthermore, the mother homeschools the children. They all seem quite happy and well adjusted.

There is no way I would want that many children, I had five and even that is alot in this day in time.

The Duggers have made the choice to have many children AND have taken full responsiblity for them as well.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit