Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job?

by sammielee24 280 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yes girls this is all true, but I am personally disgusted by such a selfish choice.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You think the Duggers are selfish?

• beksbks
    beksbks

I am personally disgusted by them. Yes, I do think they are selfish.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

How so and why are you disgusted by them?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hehe Do you know them Purps? I see they are from Arkansas.

As Odrade said, we have for the most part, reproductive freedom in this country. So my opinion on them is nothing more than that, my opinion.

Personally, I believe that most of the worlds problems would be lessened if there weren't so darn many people in it. I know that these children all appear to be happy and healthy, but I don't think it's fair to them at all, for many reasons. They say they have left their reproductive life in the hands of God, but it seems to me they are almost addicted to it the oddity and attention of it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

No, I don't know them personally, and I was taken aback when I first heard of them a few years ago, but after seeing them on tv and reading about them, I think they are a very loving and responsible couple. I don't think the Duggars care about the attention at all. They decided to do this early on in their marriage.

There are some couples that I don't even think should have one kid. I have friends that cannot have kids and I know would have made wonderful parents, while I had five and know I don't hold a candle to what they could have done.

The lady that had six kids and then eight on top of that, I think she is the one that is selfish. She is imposing on others and the system to care for these children. She has not provided a home for them on her own. Nor a father.

I find the Duggars inspiring in some ways, not to have so many kids, but people that have much smaller families can see they can achieve more in their own families.

They obviously know how to do alot of things right.

purps

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job? ....I`d say 14 kids is her job!..LOL!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Should women be allowed to have 14 kids without job?

What is the alternative? To tell people how many children to have?

BTS

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I seem to have missed something from the news, but where did she get the money to have those treatments? I know it costs several thousand dollars each time you "try."

If she isn't married and has 6 kids and only a part-time job ... she must have somebody with some money behind her.

Rub a Dub

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

At least with the Duggars their oldest kids can help out with all the work. This woman's kids are all under 8.

I'm all for women's rights and prochoice and all, but there has to be a point at which the rights of the individual end and the rights of society begin. The doctor should've refused to do the treatment based on the number of kids she already had and her economic situation. Unless maybe her family signed off on something saying that they would support her and her children. There's two points of failure here; the mother who is likely not playing with a full deck, and a doctor with questionable ethics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit