BIG NEWS! Leader of German Watchtower History Archives Resignes and Leaves Branch Office!

by GermanXJW 108 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• abbagail
    abbagail

"I think he was advanced in his years and it was his time to retire."

From where I sit, the person on the left is not old/advanced in years, but looks rather middle-aged and dapper, dark haired, etc. He's the one, right?

The elderly gentlemen to the right is not the one who just left WT's "employ."

Either way, very interesting info. Let's hope he's out out out, or on his way out. Like Barb said, the indepth writers could use some assistance.

Thanks GermanxJW for the info...

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

"I think he was advanced in his years and it was his time to retire."

He's engaged in a business outside of the branch. That doesn't seem to me like he's retiring. And why would he leave the branch in his old age and start life anew when the branch has what they call an "infirmary" for the care of their older members?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

He is not an "old goat" - he is one of the the guys each and everyone of us should respect and hold in high esteem no matter what we may think of the organization of which he is a part - he is, as stated earlier, one of the camp survivors, who at the age of some 105 is still touring the world, telling people and especially the young ones about the Nazi terrors. Looking at the world around us today, looking at the Middle East, he should be listened to and not called an old goat.

Shame on you!

• yesidid
    yesidid
    He is one of the the guys each and everyone of us should respect and hold in high esteem no matter what we may think of the organization of which he is a part - he is, as stated earlier, one of the camp survivors, who at the age of some 105 is still touring the world, telling people and especially the young ones about the Nazi terrors .

Amen

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I agree to that. I also reacted negatively on the derogatory term of the camp survivor. And why should one mock someone old anyway... common decency excludes that...

• booby
    booby

bttt

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's commendable to keep telling people about the Nazi horrors. It's not commendable to praise the folks who put you there.

I don't know who was mocking him?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

"I don't know who was mocking him?"

On the preceding page (page 4), somebody called him an "old goat."

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm not sure what you think it is that sounds strange. The WTS has participated in many Holocaust-related seminars with other religions and political groups with the intent to make it known that JWs suffered through the concentration camps during the Hitler years. It would not surprise me at all if he had been one of the seminar speakers and had been interviewed by many of the authors of the various books he shows on his website (English link)

The fact that he has left doesn't really surprise me. Look at Barbara Anderson. The more research she did the more she saw through the lies and half-truths. Some people can only take so much before their real conscience takes precedence over the WTS-induced guilt machine

• belbab
    belbab

I seem to remember that holocaust victims were obtaining restitution pensions and restoration of property. I remember reading the the WT was searching for and aiding JW victims to obtain these benefits. It would be revealing to find out whether the WT was taking a cut of these benefits, like lawyers fees and encouraging victims to show appreciation to Jehovah by donating a portion or more to the Watchtower.

I did a google with key words: holocaust victims compensation Jehovah's Witnesses etc. and numerous references showed up. Here are two links:

It has been mentioned on this board:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/14105/1/WTS-and-Holocaust-242424-Reparations-242424

the following link shows that even in US victims are receiving pensions.

http://www.claimscon.org/?url=press/increase

Perhaps, Brother Wrobel, as historian, played a part in the pension claims of Jehovh's Witness victims?

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit