BIG NEWS! Leader of German Watchtower History Archives Resignes and Leaves Branch Office!

by GermanXJW 108 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• belbab
    belbab
    The Watch Tower would use a portion of the Settlement Fund to support its ongoing research and archival work on the Holocaust and presentations of its findings. It would devote any allocated monies solely to Holocaust education and the remembrance of the prisoners who bore the purple triangle, which represented the Jehovah's Witnesses. Watch Tower proposes to establish a legal entity to make cash payments and in-kind distributions to needy Jehovah's Witness class members.

This quote is taken from the above Mad Apostate thread, under the heading: Watchtower proposal.

belbab

• rebel8
    rebel8

belbab, I did some research on guidestar.org, and didn't find anything out of order. Reparations were available and someone formed a nonprofit org to receive and distribute the funds to the victims, or at least that's what the records indicated.

If deserving and done equitably, I'm glad they got some reparations of course. That's more than they'll ever get from that blasted cult responsible for manipulating them in the first place.

ETA: Oh rats, just saw your last post. Well then, I don't support them getting funds to rewrite history.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

OK, I am the one who called the Holocaust survivor an old goat. No disrespect intended. I though he was some bethel heavy. I repent in sackcloth and ashes

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

"I repent in sackcloth and ashes"

How can we know for sure that your repentance is sincere and genuine? Have you met yet with a committee? Did you allow the committee to question you about your every thought and emotion when you made your 'disrespectful' statement? If the committee decides to reinstate you, we might forgive you and forget your trespass, perhaps in 5 or 10 years. Don't accept their forgiveness without missing its purpose. Even though you might get reinstated, your record is forever marred, well, at least until Armageddon when perhaps--only perhaps--the Lord will demonstrate that you're good enough. But remember, this is only a maybe!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I agree fjoth.

Perhaps you should post comments for the next five to ten years, and say nothing. If you post every day, you may be accepted back into our love. Until then, tough sh** if armageddon comes.

Love,

Shamus.

P.S. You're a disgusting sinner.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is there any more news on this? I guess if Wrobel had gone apostate we would have heard about it by now.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Any more developments?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hmmm.... neither one of those gentleman look 'joyful'. I certainly wouldn't describe them as being some of 'the happiest people in the world.'

It will be interesting to see what transpires. He probably couldn't take the crap anymore... the same as many before him and many to come after him.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

An update on Johannes Wrobel.

This page is in German and it badly (very badly) translates to English.

http://johanneswrobel.de/

Wrobel has finally broke his silence and published an autobiography detailing his life, and his involvement with the WTS. I am unable to pick up on the details of what he is saying, but I think the general gist of it is that he resigned over the difficulty in pursuing authentic research when it was being controlled by the WT. I think...

The world in "Bethel" was no longer mine. Familiar people were now dead for reasons of age or illness, such as Alice Berner Cilli Sauer, Auguste Bender, Inge Dengler, Erika Kohler August Peters, Wolfgang Krolop, Egon Peter, Edmund Anstadt, Hermann Reuter, Wilhelm Einschütz and Willi and Editha Pohl. Finally died relatively young Bernd Schinkmann and also too early a fellow elder from the local congregation Selters / Taunus, of which I was (maybe had their death somehow have been prevented, but that's just my assumption or would have been my wish).
    Some people, could have an influence on my work or my life in "Bethel", were in my view closely and some "small-minded" (which will certainly see each in its own way). You have to constantly change for the "Bethel", not vice versa - this motto was me always clear, but now a new time and the time for a bold consistent change was for me personally come, and again regardless of my age and the material consequences!
    My curiosity had been satisfied, completed the analysis of past history quasi, achieved a life's work. I had the service paid much life I've never regretted, even then benefited. Now I no longer held back at this quite beautiful place, no relatives (which I currently do not want to go further in order not to violate the privacy of "Bethel" 'employees).
    On November 23, 2008 (I took still writing holiday to 30 November) I finish for private reasons voluntarily and formally (in writing) my full-time, gratuitous (really, this is not about making money, but was completely separate them, just in worship) service relationship with the Watchtower or my religious activity in " Jehovah's Witnesses " in Selters / Taunus to 36 years of service. (At the same time, and hence, of course, the object of my line of "historical archive" of Jehovah's Witnesses.)
    The lack of pension contributions for the period of my religious affiliation paid the religious community in the German pension fund, a subsequently. (Nationals who remain are, lifelong care as long as they do not like me to give up the religious affiliation.)
    A second personal turning point in life similar to 1970 / 1972 , only in reverse, which I as mentioned in all shape and performed in writing, I am not speak "runaway convent school". I meet for good and acceptable for me decision to the I am. I'm so free.
    But I look with gratitude and satisfaction to the interesting life and learning time in Wiesbaden and seltzer / Taunus back (1972 - 2008), to the many children to meet people and places on the historical and memorial work and the numerous publications as well as the many business trips at home and abroad (1996 - 2008). And thank the Community for the funding of numerous historical projects to preserve the memory of the victims of persecution under the brown and the red dictatorship.
    It appears as though Wrobel not only resigned from his position at the German Bethel in 2008, but he also resigned as a Jehovah's Witness. I think. Anyone with German fluency that can offer a better translation?
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Does he have an autobiography in English?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit