BIG NEWS! Leader of German Watchtower History Archives Resignes and Leaves Branch Office!

by GermanXJW 108 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• prologos
    prologos
    OC: It appears as though Wrobel not only resigned from his position at the German Bethel in 2008, but he also resigned as a Jehovah's Witness.

.In the story following the above translated portion, he seems to confirm that wt , The "truth" are conspicous by their absence. Curiously he moved despite his love of the sea to the mountains. His resignation and previous comments do not hint at any conflict of conscience, or doctrinal unease. His disillusionment seems to have come after his cheriched work at bethel was broadsided by directives from Brooklyn to slow his activities, and his inability to take personal credit for his work, and the inevitable link of his research with political and state- sponsors. He seems to have to come to term without bitterness with the curt and unthankful attitude of the Organisation and it's personnel toward those that leave, period.

It is a very good read, his references to the "Haenschenklein" child song very appropriate, the above machine translation does not do any justice to the subtleties in his words. Translation would be hard work

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thank you for that reading of Wrobel's story, prologos.

That is sort of what I concluded, based on the horrible translation that google offered.

He said nothing of doctrinal issues but seemed to be largely dissatisfied with the organization and the WT people in positions of authority. He is satisfied with his contribution to the historical record.

He sounds happy. He says he is "free".

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Awesome thanks

• prologos
    prologos

Two themes in his account show his free spirit.1) He refers to himsef as :"little Hans" like in Haensel & Gretchen, a very "must sing" German kid's song. and this little Hans runs away from home. He was uprooted in his youth from his homeland , ended up in berlin. and 2) He calls himself Ich bin "Ein Berliner" like Kennedy did, but not that the Berliners counted on being saved from the Russians by a higher power, but that they, faced with the resumption of a Russian attack in 1948, faced starvation in an act of defiance against the Communists. Berliners were not the big Nazis initially, like the South, so, he prides himself to be that Berliner character, free, unimpressed by Nazis and Commies, and obviously by Wt bluster, I was disturbed a little though by his endless relating of the travels his position afforded him, a sense of entitlement of the wt top brass that I resent, because I have been often made the provider of those services, although it made me rub shoulders with all these Characters. His writing has a lot of meaning between the lines that only one of his age from his locality can relate too, A very touching story about his love life, how his mind was hijacked by fondness for a distant lady, and how this beautiful mental construct was deflated when he actually got close enough to the object of his affection, Character like He will not be traumatised like some on this forum by severance from a structure like Wt, Once you survived the collapse of Nazism, Communism, one retain that jaded "I am a berliner" snotty strength of character.

IMHO: It would be big news if he had an explosive story to tell on doctrine, but as it is , it is an inspiration how to stay detached, make the best of it, exit, and live normally.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

He was some kind of Bethel "heavy" who made contributions for both Awake! and Watchtower magazine as outlined in his cv.

As stated above, there is a lot between the lines. I perceive that he writes very carefully - maybe because he does not want to threaten relationships he still has or potentially could reactivate. He states that he was not ready to write about his past and he is pointing out to future information he might share. Wrobel seems to have left the JW since he speaks about starting a new life in 2008 "after having been a good member of a religious grouping for 45 years". I think he would not have left if he still thought this is the truth. I assume that he kept himself busy with the documentation work and fell into a dark hole after that was taken away.

He writes quite readable but with the distance of a historian - with a little hint here and there about his feelings.

I am looking forward to reading how his story is developing.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Very interesting developments.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Lots of interesting information here. A real insight from a prominent former insider.

He says German JWs gathered information about their persecution and sent it to Brooklyn after the war. But Knorr ordered the archive be destroyed because they should not promote individuals, instead they should forget about the past and draw a line under it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He says that Lloyd Barry encouraged the historical work at Selters in Germany. But when Barry died in 1999 their work was no longer supported. Jaracz in particular was very dismissive of the historical work and in 2008 he closed it down. That was two years before Jaracz died in 2010.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The autobiography with details about Knorr and Jaracz seem to be gone. Does anyone have a copy of it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit