BIG NEWS! Leader of German Watchtower History Archives Resignes and Leaves Branch Office!

by GermanXJW 108 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

GXJW, can u contact him?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

My wife who is a native German speaker says she thinks the wording is neutral. It could mean that he has resigned from the Watchtower Society on bad terms or it could mean he simply ended work at bethel for whatever reason. It doesn't necessarily mean he has left the Witnesses. Someone would need to contact him to find out. We tried to find out his phone number but it is not listed, perhaps because he only moved recently.

• dozy
    dozy

Hmmm - interesting but a bit vague. It would be helpful to learn his current status.

Ex-Jws tend to make the assumption that any JW who reads “apostate material” would eventually leave - the sheer weight of argumentation and evidence would lead naturally to this conclusion. It does seem that some are very resilient to criticism & very committed - there are certainly some in the UK Bethel who are very familiar with apostate arguments but have personally overcome them.

I have often wondered whether the WTS greatest concern is that a major non-English branch would “apostatise” and form a major split. Many Branch officials must resent the control from the USA and petty dictation in many matters.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Each time I click on this thread, a wave of detest and hatred comes over me for what this man has done. He's reprehensible.

Unless he's prepared to publicly undo the whitewash job he did, I want nothing to do with him. We're too good for him. Srsly.

wts' snuggling up to Hitler, albeit not permanent, is disgusting. Plus they got their members killed out of loyalty to a bunch of power-hungry master manipulators and liars.

Then they went on a whitewashing campaign that included in-person strongarming visits to Holocaust Museums, successfully pressuring them into omitting the truth in their archives. I was able to get one of the US museums reverse their position on this; I wonder how long it will be until a jw steals the documents in the archives.

They are still publishing the whitewashed story on their web site. So much for a God of Truth.

• besty
    besty

what is the best debunking of the whitewash you have seen Rebel8?

• rebel8
    rebel8

The only debunking I've seen is the actual wt letters to Hitler and the info they published in their yearbook about it. That's extremely damning on its own.

I believe James Penton is the name of the author who wrote a book about it, which I've not read, but I was successful in getting a holocaust museum to add it to their library (supported by several posters here).

• besty
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

According to rumours on the German board http://forum.sektenausstieg.net/index.php?topic=17735.0 Wrobel left the branch office on his own request and even Bethel heavies are said to not know about his intentions. Someone said he now works for a home delivery service for frozen food. Wrobel's wife is said to be still at the German branch office.

So, still a lot of rumours. Someone has mailed him. Looking forward to a reply.

• Gayle
    Gayle

His wife is still at Bethel? He left to deliver frozen food? Obviously, there's a problem. Wife not going with him indicates a marital problem, don't you think?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yes, I faded from the organization over its child abuse policies and later began to do indepth study of the Watchtower organization. I started to fade in 1996 going to as few meetings as possible, and by the end of the year resigned as an outside researcher of the Writing Dept. It was when I received a personal letter from Awak! editor, Harry Peloyan in the beginning of 1997 that really convinced me to get out. Still the issue was child abuse, not whether the organization had the "Truth."

I didn't attend the Memorial in 1988 and that showed everyone where I stood, but the elders left me alone because my husband was an elder. Soon I began to attend college. One day when I was going through some misc. material in my home office, I ran across a pile of notes that I accumulated when I was in the Writing Dept. doing research on the Proclaimer's book, questions that I wrote down which I wanted to answer in the future when I had more time. So I decided then it was the right time. The first question that really was important to me was to find out when Rose Ball was born. Something I had read in Russell's account of his divorce in the July 15, 1906 Zion's Watch Tower just didn't make sense so I decided to find out if he was lying. I sent off a letter to Australia, where Rose Ball lived until her death, to get a copy of her death certificate. After waiting a few months, I received the answer. It was then that I found out Rose was born in 1869. This meant that when she was sitting on Russell's lap crying over the death of her brother, she was 20 years old, not a child! And that began my quest to seek other material that would put another nail in WT's coffin. After a few months of investigation, I finally put to rest any thoughts that maybe the Watchtower did have the "Truth."

When I discontinued being an active Witness, it definitely was because of child abuse because I still believed it was God's organization, but I didn't care if God killed me or not because I just couldn't condone WT policies any longer and have a clean conscience. However, it was doing personal research into the history of the Watch Tower, beyond what WT supplies, that convinced me it was a sham. So for what it's worth, in my case, it was the research that convinced me to really leave, heart and soul, without any doubts. Perhaps that is what happened to the leader of the German Watchtower History Archives who recently resigned and left Bethel. We will wait and see. If he now joins our ranks, I only hope he will speak out. For my part, I would indeed welcome him or anybody from within the Writing Dept. walls to help share the load of dispensing the real truth that Watchtower is not God's organization. Hey, maybe then I could retire and ride off into the sunset!

Barbara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit