I hate this cult... and how my dad abuses my mom

by Awakened at Gilead 85 Replies latest members private

• valkyrie
    valkyrie
    Actually, I found that elders did not listen to jws in good standing who reported verbal, physical, emotional abuse.

Very true! Much depended on the standing and perceived 'power' of the person who was the subject of the report.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AAG..Lance,your mom is living with an escaped mental patient..The guy needs to be locked up and medicaly treated.....Call social services,the police,find out what you can legally do within the system to help her................Your not going to get any JW help..They can`t put a gun to your head to get you back..So they will continue to let your mom be abused..Thats much better than threatening you with a gun.........The longer your out of the WBT$ Cult,the more you wil see..No doubt this must be a real shocker for you........Good Luck Lance!.....................

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Lance, I'm deeply disturbed to hear about the abuse your mother is going through. As some other posters on here have intimated, perhaps you shouldn't concern yourself with his elders and the congregation. They will automatically be on his side, and as such, pose a threat to her well-being also. Call the local police and tell them the story--ask them to swing by and talk to him--ask your mother to call them next time it happens.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Lance, I really, really hate to hear about your mom and her abusive husband. Now, this is just me speaking, but I think I would have to meet this guy in a dark alley and he would have to meet my two friends, lefty & righty. Then I would lightly explain to him that if this get's back to my mother he would meet my friends again.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Lance,

Nothing new to add other than agreeing that the local elders are likely not going to be able to do anything (even if they wanted to which doesnt' seem to be the case here)and perhaps the authorities should be called. I do worry about retribution for her. Just wanted to send you & your mom good vibes. Domestic abuse is an awful thing and I do hope she musters up enough courage to leave him.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Very unfortunate circumstance for your mother LANCE, I would only assume since this fellow states that he is of the anointed class

that he perceives himself much more spiritually powerful than your mother and that might add to his insistence of total subjection,

in other words his white sheet of righteousness is a lot thicker in his mind. It would not all be too surprising that he's formulated quite a glowing halo

over himself also at the Kingdom Hall in the eyes of the elders of their hall, personaly this guy smells like nothing but trouble, with a capital T.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just read this whole thing. Oh boy. The PO and the congregational responsibility toward the flock
    is nonexistent. Good ole boys and all that they are.

Your mother knows her options and will soon probably decide to do something about it.

I wish I had better advice. I truly feel that you cannot drag her out of such a situation without making
    her wonder if it was wrong of you to do so, and wrong of her to let you. She needs a few more straws
    on her back. Just give her love so that when she snaps, it ain't the kind of snap that involves
    weapons.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Awakened... that is horrible. I would be upset too.

But.... did you really expect they would do something? I really am not surprised. The real solution is for your mom to leave that loser!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Is there a possiblity of her moving in with you and your girlfriend? Does she even acknowledge the abuse?

Tell her she is free to go to meetings while staying with you, but that you would feel safer if she was in your home.

Lay on the guilt that only us kids know how to do.

And I am sure there are other ways of making your step father pay for his sins...

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Sounds to me like you need to head over there with a baseball bat and set that coward straight. Any man that abuses a woman is worthless in my opinion. He needs a good a$$ kickin' and let him know that the more he yells at your mom the worse his a$$ kicking will get.

Good luck and I hope everything turns out OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit