Oh My Gosh! I just discovered Cornbread Casserole!

by mrsjones5 114 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Doe, say something interesting. I'm bored.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Doe, say something interesting. I'm bored.

The average female orgasm burns through the equivalent of the energy contained in 252 grams of cornbread.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hmmmmm I had some cornbread stuffing for lunch...............................I'm on it!!!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well, it turned out pretty good.

If I had made the cornbread batter and then added it to the rest of ingredients it might have been a little too soupy, maybe.

But adding the jiffy dry worked well.

I use a convection countertop.....(never got an EasyBake as a child, and guess I never got over it!)

Anyway, with these countertop ovens, bread type items are one thing that requires a lot of changes. First of all, it has to be cooked at lower temp because it is convection. Also, because of the thickness of rising bread or cakes....you can only put about half the recipe in the size casserole dish recommended. It will not rise as high, but if you try to use the entire batter in recommended size pan it will not get done in the center. (I am just telling you all the one drawback to small oven is baking breads, pies, cakes.)

A friend came over to eat with me. He said "what is this?" pointing to the Mrs. Jones creation. I said "I don't know, Eat it and name it."

Then he got this look on his face like a spooked horse and said "Is this another of your experiments?"

it was very good and i am typing one handed now as i am still snacking on it. i think this stuff could be dangerous. i mean to think i have probably eaten half a block of butter in the last couple of hours! if i quit posting and you all dont hear from me anymore it could be because i have blocked a major artery with this culinary weaponry.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I knew I wasn't crazy. lol No one in my house will touch it, that just leaves more for me. I think this stuff would be good with a nice medium rare steak

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I made it with pork chop. But I think I could be vegetarian and just make a meal out of the corn casserole. Maybe a little tomato on the side.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Dagney where are u? I need the cornbread!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I know what a casserole is but what is this "corn Bread" you speak of?.......bread with a corn cob centre?...not an Aussie dish.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    what is this "corn Bread" you speak of?.......

It is bread that is made from finely ground corn.

It's a Southern thing, or used to be.

You Aussies don't know anything.

Sylvia

• wednesday
    wednesday

I recall many years ago going out with a group of jws and we picked "greens" I assume they were collard. I was told I had to first bring them to a boil, and then pour out all the water and then add more and cook. They are actually quite good. My mom used to add a little bacon grease to them or you can just throw in a slice or two of bacon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit