Oh My Gosh! I just discovered Cornbread Casserole!

by mrsjones5 114 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mmmmm, that sounds good. But I am going to start cutting back on calories.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I add chopped green peppers, red peppers and onion to make a "holiday" corn casserole. They bake sweet-n-spicy and make it look really festive.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ah, the memories!

Ruth

Your point about the uppity CO's jogged another memory.

I remember my actual sister had one to dinner. A nosy, jealous old busybody who felt slighted that he didn't dine at her place, made up a list of foods he liked with instructions that he wanted the guest bedroom for a nap afterwards!

Even though she's a zealous JW, she didn't appreciate that. She should have shown him and the old biddy the door.

Sylvia

Sylvia

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

A 6 page thread on cornbread casserole...I can't beleive it!!

I'm hungry, somebody start cookin'!

• Nowman
    Nowman

Mrs. Jones!

I made your same Cornbread Casserole for X-mas eve at my in-laws, this is my 4th year doing it. It is very yummy, and easy to make.

Nikki

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Mrs. Jones:

I'm making your cornbread casserole tonight. We should be eating in less than an hour. I didn 't have any Jiffy Cornbread Mix. I don't like it. But I just put together my regular cornbread mixture and used that. I added a can of chilies like some of you suggested. I'll let all of you know how it turns out.

It sure is good to know all of you. I feel a bond with all of you because of our common past. We are all moving forward.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I get a giggle at the life of this thread. But you know what, this casserole is so good, it deserves a life of its own. I gave this recipe to a g/f who fixed it for a special large group dinner her friends had. She said the casserole was the biggest hit of all the food and a standard request, until of course...the dinner and the friends are no more because of "you know what."

Anyway, I'm thinkin, I better make some before the 01/01...because after the first...it's all ova...

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Anyway, I'm thinkin, I better make some before the 01/01...because after the first...it's all ova...

Dagney, if I get your meaning, I'm in the same boat. I now have a list of goodies I need to cook and eat in the next 3 days.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yep, Beks...you get my meaning...sigh.

It's the "Flat Belly Diet" (another **sigh** ) after the first. (Hmmm...well maybe not the first...I say the 01/05 sounds like a good day!)

I'm going to make the casserole for a New Year's Eve prime rib dinner, I just decided.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Ok mrsjones5.............

All this raving about Cornbread Casserole got to me. Even though I've been watching my intake and losing weight slowly, I had to make this tonight.

OH MY GOODNESS! It is delicious. I just pushed myself from the table after eating two grilled pork chops and two helping of the casserole.

There is a lot left over since I am a solo act, but it will not go to waste. The next time I make it, I will cut the recipe in half. Someone mentioned firing it up a little with some jalapeno peppers. I think I will use the Goya Jalapeno hot sauce next time.

It is definitely a keeper and I will make it for company when I have some. LOL

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit