Oh My Gosh! I just discovered Cornbread Casserole!

by mrsjones5 114 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless
    It is hard to eat a freshly picked ear of corn and not believe there isn't a God in heaven.

Just make sure it is sweet corn and not field corn.

• crapola
    crapola

That sounds fantastic! Now I'm hungry for corn bread too. Who all likes pinto beans and corn bread and iced tea? Yummy!!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    pinto beans and corn bread

Me...

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I'm telling you that is what makes Black kids such super athletes. ~SnowB

makes us white kids fat...

Mrs Jones....you been livin in a cave your whole life? Cornbread (and it's variations) are the staff of life... but they you are from California....

Hill

• snowbird
    snowbird

When I was a kid, my mother used to cook pinto beans, cornbread, and pig tails.

We lived way back in the sticks; when the bus dropped us off, we had to cross a pasture, go through a plum orchard, then cross another pasture before we got home.

When we would finally get to the clearing, the smell of supper would greet us. I would break into a trot; I couldn't help myself. The food tasted so good after a long day at school and an almost equally long bus ride home.

Sylvia

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

MrsJones, try this one. Mix up 2 boxes of Jiffy and brown 1 pound ground beef. While cooking the ground beef, add diced jalapenos. Pour 1/2 the batter in the bottom of a baking dish, then drain the ground beef and layer it on top of the cornbread mix, then pour the rest of the batter on top of that.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Bendrr...thats right outta the trailer court... save me some.

Hill

• crapola
    crapola

Snowbird, I've never had pig tails. But I love onions and hot peppers or Tibasco Sauce "however you spell it", with my beans and buttery hot corn bread! That's what we are having tonight.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tabasco, Crapola, Tabasco.

Tabasco, Crapola, Tabasco.

Hey, I could make a rap song out of that!

Sylvia

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

for all the Liberal soundin horsesh^t that goes around this board ...sounds like some of you crackers and homeys know how and what to eat.

A common bond!

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit