Oh My Gosh! I just discovered Cornbread Casserole!

by mrsjones5 114 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    for all the Liberal soundin horsesh^t that goes around this board ...sounds like some of you crackers and homeys know how and what to eat.

I guess I have a lot to learn. :-)

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

I found out a long time ago that hunger knows no color.

Sylvia

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Ray... for a culture that cant make a submarine sandwich without an iron and ironing board you folks eat pretty well....

Crap... I am really hungry now.

Hill

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

You got it, Hillbilly! And some fresh collard greens too. (seasoned with ox tails, not bacon)

• snowbird
    snowbird

How come some of you know about ox but not pig tails?

Sylvia

• crapola
    crapola

Don't you hate it when your mind goes blank? I really can spell better than that snowbird! heeheehee!!! Thanks for the lesson!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Mrs Jones....you been livin in a cave your whole life? Cornbread (and it's variations) are the staff of life... but they you are from California....

Hill baby, I never said this was my first time having cornbread (savory or sweet or hotwater). My dearly departed Grandma (by way of Sheveport, LA) would be a spinnin' in her grave if I told that lie. I said that I had never had Cornbread Casserole before and just tried it recently.

Josie

• rekless
    rekless

I guess because you can buy ox tail at the local super market but they don't sell pig tails. I use smoke ham hocks in my collards, mustard greens pinto beans or dried lima beans, always had corn bread with, How about cracling corn bread, thats where your render the ham skin and fat down to crisppy and crunchcy, pour off the grease and put the pig sknin into the corn bread batter. Fattening, but gooood.

• crapola
    crapola

Sounds yummy! I'm getting more hungry by the minute.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    How come some of you know about ox but not pig tails?

Grandma puts pigs feet in her chickpea stew....

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit