RIP Dansk (aka Ian), 18.12.1953- 20.12.2008

by faundy 251 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

FAUNDY- My wife and I are so terribly sorry for your loss friend. Ian was a great poster on this site and a great compassionate man in all his interactions. He will be sorely missed. Please give our love to the rest of your family. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Deepest condolences. I am teared up - he was such a fine man. Was the obit posted here anywhere? I would love to read it. Jeff

• bubble
    bubble

I am so sad, that words just fail me. I've never met anyone quite like Ian before, he was a genuinely lovely man.

My thoughts go out to Clair and all his children. Your grief must be overwhelming at the moment.

All I can say is that my life was better for having known him.

Rest in peace.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

My deepest condolences to the you and your family, faundy, and everyone he touched; a group I suspect includes just about everyone he ever met and a few of us he didn't.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

I’m so sorry…. my deepest sympathies

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Faundy and Claire,

Wishing you comfort, love and peace at this, so difficult a time ...

CoCo

• delilah
    delilah

I'm stunned... my thoughts are with you and your family..your father was such an inspiration to me...he was strong, a fighter,.... and kind, and caring...he will be sorely missed...my heart is sad.... I'm so very sorry....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

(((steph)))

So very sorry to hear this sad news. It is a tribute to Ian that in less than 18 hours 6 pages of posters have paid tribute to this kind man (and 1600+ have read) on this thread alone.

Most of us are 1000s of miles away and can only support you and your family from afar, just as he supported many here with his postings. I was a mere lurker back in 03 when he posted his story in the private area of the forum...and since I had not signed up I wouldnt have been able to read it then.. When I finally did read his story it was one more seed planted in my mind that showed me the way out of the WT.

I hope you and your family the best as you get through this difficult time. Losing a father is difficult, (I know I lost mine in 94). You dont get "over" it, but you will get "through" it....

Hang in there...

Snakes ()

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Steph, I just now looked at the board after a few days of not checking to see what was going on so didn't know Ian suddenly became seriously ill. Now to know he is gone is hard to fathom. This board will be a much emptier place without his input. He was always there for me when I would PM or email him asking for information about this or that to do with JWs in the UK. And we sorrowed together because of loss of family members due to WT's shunning policy. Please know how much we care and how much he will be missed. Despite the distance between us, whenever he came on the board, it was like connecting once again with an old friend. We know the weeks to come will be difficult to get through, but in time you and your mom will find comfort in warm memories of Ian in better times.

Barbara

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Ohhhhh noooo.

I am truly saddened to see this. He was a very special human being.

He is at peace now and all his trials are over.

My deepest condolences to your entire family.

love and hugs always,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit