RIP Dansk (aka Ian), 18.12.1953- 20.12.2008

by faundy 251 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

This is very sad news. I am truly sorry for your family's loss.

Purza

• Spectre
    Spectre

I am saddened to hear of this.

• KW13
    KW13

I was supposed to go to the curry ian arranged, i missed out on the opportunity of meeting him because of conflicting arrangment, that said; the man who we all knew on here came across as a really good guy, i am so sorry for your loss. RIP Ian.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

We are truly sorry about your loss. I just reread Ian's biography, and I remember all his posts were just as caring and sincere. I'm glad that most of his family were able to get out from the tyranny. I personally have found more love and happiness although I, too, have a daughter who shuns.

Bonnie

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This is so sad. This morning I talked to my wife about Ians illness and now I have to read that it has already had a bad end. I had hoped otherwise. Thanks for keeping us informed which must be hard for you. It is good that JWD is still up so that we can keep in contact. Ian was more than a very loved discussion board member but many of us have met him in person. Please accept our condolence.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I didn't know Ian, but I've spent the last wee while reading over his posts and learning more about him. As a result, I'm really sad to hear of his passing, what a loss.

It also brings home to me the fact that his oldest daughter chose the WTS over her father. What a waste. It hits home to me the damage the WTS does to families and how, in Ian's case, it robbed him of his daughter for the last 5 years of his life.

Let's none of us forget Ian's story, his losses and his victories over the WTS.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Words can't express how truly sorry I am to hear about your loss Faundy.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Dear Steph, I am so sorry to hear of your dad's death. I have spent some very enjoyable hours enjoying your mum and dad's hospitality at your home, admiring the garden that gave your dad so much pleasure and meeting the dogs! It was a privilege to have met your dad.

My love to your mum Clair, your brothers and sister and you. You are all in my thoughts at this sad time.

Rachel

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Faundy,

Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.

I know what it feels like to lose a father, but that is small comfort, I am sure.

Let yourself cry, but know that time will bring a day when you can think about him and smile for the joy and humor he shared with you.

He has given you life, and helped you be who you are and nothing can take that away from you. Without him, you would probably have been someone else entirely, but his affect on you and your life is like you carrying a small piece of him forward.

So long as you hold him in your heart, he is not truly gone.

You are in my prayers,

Rollerdave

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Faundy, judging from the pic on page 1 of this thread it appears that Ian was a warm, caring individual and you had a good relationship with him. Very sad that he died.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit