RIP Dansk (aka Ian), 18.12.1953- 20.12.2008

by faundy 251 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

This is so sad.

Dansk..you will be greatly missed by many.

lisa

• rocketman
    rocketman

The photo of you and your dad is very nice; I'm sorry for your loss and hope that you can find comfort during this very difficult time!

• Mary
    Mary

I'm so sorry for your loss Faundy.....Your dad was a treasure and will be sorely missed.

alt

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't stand by my grave

Don't stand by my grave and weep,
    For I am not there.
    I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond's glint in the snow,
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn's rain.
    In the soft blush of the morning light
    I am the swift bird in flight.
    Don't stand by my grave and cry,
    I am not there,
    I did not die.

Unknown Native American Author

Zinnias...my favorite flowers. I don't know why, but they are very beautiful and it always comforts me to look at them.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

To Claire, and Steph, and Ian's other family and friends, please accept my sincere condolences. I grieve with you.

I admired Ian for his kindness, good humor, courage and powerful resolve. A mild-mannered man, he was as super-heroic as any of us can aspire to being.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Ian was among the nicest of people I've ever met. Online he came across so caring and compassionate, but in real life I found him much more so. I'm sorry for Claire and the familys loss. Paul

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Dear Stephanie --

I was so shocked to get your mom's email with the news of your dad's death that I felt faint.

(I have not been on the board in a long time and did not know of his sudden illness and decline.)

I sent your dad an e-greeting Thursday morning for his birthday, but I felt bad that it was just a cheesy e-card and not a real letter or card. I intended to write to him today and ask about his birthday.

You and your mom and Dom and Karl and Sandra -- and, yes, Jodi --- have been in my thoughts nonstop since I got the news.

Please tell your mom that Jim and I send our special love.

Here is the link to Ian's thread "Torn Apart," telling his story:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/47295/1.ashx

With a heart full of love and tears,

Marjorie xo xo xo

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Stephanie ---

I can still remember the first time I met your dad on this board:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/809459/post.ashx#809459

Jim and I feel that even though we've never met your dad and mom in person, there has been a special connection and friendship between our families.

Thank you so much for posting this thread. I hope it will afford you some measure of comfort to read the heartfelt messages of condolences.

Your dad was such a caring, vibrant man. His story touched the lives of many people, and his courage through his long battles with cancer and the two transplants was an inspiration to us all.

You have my deepest sympathy for your loss.

Marjorie

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

So sorry Steph....your dad had a warm and generous spirit...our condolences to you and your family. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit