Blood Issue took my mom last night

by rwagoner 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

When my JW hubby found out he had cancer the laison committee was right there...NO BLOOD!..Well we had some forms sent to us.... from another congregation... as ours didn't have any. It was the forms you fill out to give the Drs and hospitals with what you want as your last wishes concerning life support and what you can and won't take to prolong your life.

On the form he named me as his caregiver..I was to make any decisions if he wasn't able. I told him I couldn't promise I wouldn't let him have blood..he still wanted me to be the one. He could have picked his sister or Mom who are both JW's and would have stood by his decision to not have blood but he didn't. He choose me. Sometimes I think he would have taken anything if it would have made him live. Even blood. He didn't want to die.

I am so sorry you lost your Mom and her husband is without his wife ...but as far as the dress code goes..please don't use your Mom's memorial to make a statement..honor her and do what would have made her proud (Short of rejoining)

Snoozy.......

ps..Here in St Louis and in some other states they have Bloodless surgery hospitals..I'm surprised th JW's aren't checking that out...I am always wondering why the JW's don't check out all possibilities when faced with the blood issue..it's like they just curl up and accept their fate..

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I am so, so sorry for this. My deepest condolences. I am completely at a loss for words. And why not be there in full uniform? I would.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    And why not be there in full uniform?

My deepest sympathy. I hope it doesn't fire you up too much to think of
    what's been done to her to condition her mind. She really thought she was
    doing the right thing in obeying them.

But go for it and wear the uniform.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Awful, awful. My heart breaks with you.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My dad just had bloodless surgery and came through it okay. But believe me, the thought of him possibly dying on the table was on my mind alot. I'm so sorry for your loss to this stupid cult.

• LDH
    LDH

The muslim version --"Be a martyr for Allah and you'll get 72 virgins in heaven."

The JW version -- " Be a martyr for a Brooklyn-based publishing company that Jehovah uses and you'll be resurrected into Paradise in the wink of an eye."

The end result is the same. Death for a religious ideal that has no basis in fact.

I hope to God you go & wear your police uniform. I'm sorry for your loss.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

So very sorry for your loss. Your mom may have been able to live a long life. No one can know what you are feeling, until you have lost a parent. I will keep you in my prayers and by all means wear your uniform. Be proud of what you are and take good care of your son and wife, they to have lost a big part of their life.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am so very sorry for your loss .

I lost my mom too .

Do whatever you have to in order to honor and remember her . Do Not let them take over the memorial service .It should be a time for your family not a congregation meeting .

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sorry about your loss , guy , I had a very similar experience with my mother about 3 years ago.

The whole situation and event was put out of my hands since my stupid father pulled out his blood card at the

hospital when the rest of the family was not around, hence my mother passed away all in the dismay of myself and the other family members that are not JWS.

It always hurts when someone special in your life passes away and after analyzing the situation things could have come out better,

some times things get played out in the wrong and way and its not necessarily your fault .

Sorry for your loss and may you always keep special memories of your mother.......take care .....Homer

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There are no words for a broken heart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit