Blood Issue took my mom last night

by rwagoner 82 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother. My deepest condolences.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

"...it's not safe to wear the uniform anywhere without the firearm. We'll see what I wear." Yeah, true. I was just being a little caustic/sarcastic there (not about you, about JW stuff, maybe not the place for it). I feel for you and yours right now. Be true to your heart and things will work out. Remember your mother well.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Sorry for your great loss. The jurisdiction this destructive cult has over the lives of there members is just about unbelievable.

• still_in74
    still_in74

I am very sorry for your loss. To imagine your 4 year old daughter saying those words brought tears to my eyes.....

• seeking help
    seeking help

this is such a terrible thing. i'm so sorry for you and your family.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

for what it's worth: a saying i take solace in: "every form is beautiful and temporary"

• smiddy
    smiddy

So sorry for your loss.

But since when have the jw`s celebrated the life of a loved one ,the funerals I attended THEY made a statement for the $truth.

again sorry for your loss

smiddy

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Well I showed up...

Full dress uniform....flags, badges, freshely shaven and polished head and Glock .40 sidearm.

Got a few comments...:Do you really think we need the Law here?"...."where'd you get the badge..a cracker jack box?"...and one "Brother" who looked at me and walked the other way ( we had picked up one of his kids awile ago LOL) My daughter wore her cross necklace and my son wore his American Flag pin that he is very proud of.

The family...including my father...refused to stand during the song and I crossed myself following the prayer. I spoke to those that I chose and looked others in the eye and then turned away. I do have to say that I was surprised by the number of people that I once knew that were there that "crossed the line" and spoke to me..without preaching..about the old days.

The service itself was largely about my mother sprinkled with a brief but obvious sales pitch.

Glsd it is over...made my point...don't want to be back there anytime soon.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

The service itself was largely about my mother sprinkled with a brief but obvious sales pitch.

Glsd it is over...made my point...don't want to be back there anytime soon.

My mom paid for a JW commercial, too, with her life. But, luckily, not one of those "worldly" people in attendance have ever been so impressed that they "bought" what the WTB&TS was selling.

However, out of the 200 people that were there, *I* was the only JW that left the Org. The rest...? They're proud of her death. They actually said, "You know, she made Jehovah -- smile..."

I'm glad you went and let us know how it went. You have my understanding and sympathy.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit